The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

NEX 6 specs

If it's as good as the A57's I can live with it. That's acceptable if not ideal.
  2. M

24MP sensor and 24mm Zeiss lens combo question

The Sonnar may be better at near distances than infinity but it is no slouch at infinity either.
  3. M

NEX 6 specs

Could make a nice second body alongside the 7 for wide-angle use if it retains the 5N's performance with wide angle M mount lenses.
  4. M

Are you still shooting 35mm film?

I still shoot 35mm myself, 4 rolls today in fact. I do it for a few reasons, mostly I just like the look and the process. Also good kit is inexpensive in comparison and you can get compact full-frame kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and batteries last months, not hours. I've got two 35mm...
  5. M

Fun with NEX-7

Box Office by Mawz, on Flickr ZA E 24
  6. M

The Nex-7 Quest: 28/2.8 (M), Konica M???

The Elmarit-R is even cheaper if you get it as a 24/2.8 MD, which is the same optical design. The main reason the R version is so cheap is that it's a Minolta-designed lens also available for SR mount (and IIRC the A mount 24/2.8 is derived from this design as well).
  7. M

The current 28 Ultron (the f2) has issues due to the poor edge performance of the lens, but these issues are not unique to the 7. The older one (the f1.9) should perform OK.
  8. M

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras.... Buying some Street Meat one night Night Meat by Mawz, on Flickr NEX-5N, ZA E 24/1.8
  9. M

Flash Considerations for Nex7

TTL, limited ability to balance two groups. Pretty much comparable to E-TTL2 with the ST-E2 and a little primitive compared to CLS but functional unlike Pentax's P-TTL.
  10. M

Flash Considerations for Nex7

Remember the 20AM can command the larger flashes (It was introduced as the commander for the A900), there's little reason to use the 43 or 58 on-camera with the 7.
  11. M

Unfortunately 28mm is pretty much where RF wides become problematic on the 7. The M-Rokkor 28 is a classic 28mm design and therefore not particularly telecentric which is a prescription for corner issues on the NEX-7. While the NEX-7 is a great platform for using MF lenses, it is a poor...
  12. M

Best hasselblad V system lens

They do not, V bodies require leaf shutters, which the F lenses lack.
  13. M

New M43 GF1 - Possibly

The thing is it's not 'faux' in any way shape or form. The EVF assembly in the G1 is quite large and fills the hump the same way a prism would.
  14. M

Advice Sought Re E620 Choice

I'd have to agree. Outside of AF-C performance and less VF blankout when shooting action the E-620 really is less camera than the G1. I'd be looking at the E-30 if I wanted an SLR to complement the G1 and share some/all lenses.
  15. M

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm - show yours !!!!

The second is handheld at 0.62 seconds. OIS really works well without mirror slap.
  16. M

Best Olympus 40-150mm Lens?

I own the newer one. It's surprisingly good for the extremely low cost and AF's on the G1 unlike the older version.
  17. M

Canon EF lenses on G1?

You can force some EF lenses to stop down by setting the desired aperture on a Canon body, pressing the DoF Preview then dismounting the lens while DoF preview is still engaged. The trick is also useful for getting smaller apertures when reversing 50's for cheap macro work.
  18. M

Mr Ichiro Kitao of Panasonic on the G1.

Panasonic's lack of success with the L1/L10 came as much from their marketing/kitting/pricing of these cameras as any issues with the styling. The camera's were unavailable without the expensive Leica kit lenses and mostly identical to their Olympus siblings (The E-330 and E-510). If you didn't...
  19. M

G1 shakedown under less-than-ideal conditions

One thing to note is that the ISO ratings on the G1 are somewhat pessimistic. Compared to the D40, the G1's ratings are about 2/3rds of a stop under what the camera is actually delivering (So 800 is really 1250).
  20. M

Nikon G on m4/3?

4/3rds (or M43) would be far easier to do than EF for a lever adaptor, much more space to play with. But there's also a lot less interest in Nikon G lenses as the really interesting ones are, for the most part, poor focal length choices for 4/3rds. I could see some serious interest in adapting...