The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

PlayMemories SKY HDR App

I don't think so Tim but will test it out this weekend. Has some interesting features especially the ability to save the set up. We should encourage this kind of development.
  2. D

Sony Pro Support

I joined about two months ago after evaluating the pluses or minuses and decided there were more pluses. Just the fact that Pro support is available for any question that you might have is invaluable. I had them set up a cleaning of my A7r backup camera which went extremely well. I received a...
  3. D

Sony updates the remote app for tablets and mobiles

Thanks Carl! I've been using your technique in the studio for a few months now and it works great. I just sent a request to Sony, via Pro support to the user to select enable multiple points on the image and then have the camera shoot and focus of those points automatically. I also contacted...
  4. D

A7RII Custom Buttons and Function settings

TURN Off LCD Monitor (really....) Got this from Colby Brown Facebook. This lets you turn off the rear LCD and only have the EVF on until you use one of your buttons to switch to the LCD. Another push of the button takes you back to viewfinder only. Should save massive amounts of battery. Go...
  5. D

An interesting Review of a7rII

I hate to tell him this but he also will be replaced in another year or two by another disposable photographer, life is harsh especially in the photography business
  6. D

A7RII Custom Buttons and Function settings

Here are my settings. C1 = Focus Magnifier C2 = Focus Mode C3 = Drive Mode C4 = Focus Area Control wheel = ISO Center Button = Standard Left Button = Steady Shot Right Button = Deactivate Monitor Down Button = Smile Face Detect AF/MF Button = Eye AF Focus Hold Button= Focus Hold Function...
  7. D

A7rII Owners - List Your MINOR Complaints!

Include the ability to save all settings to an SD card, nothing like having to replace a camera and re-due all your settings. Please tell me it's already there!
  8. D

A7II and A7rII L bracket

I also bought the SunwayFoto last week and really like it. I had the A7r RRS L bracket so I tried the adjustment screw from it with the Sunway and it works great. Now I don't need an Allan wrench to extend it for USB cord or remove it.
  9. D

A7RII owners, Let's talk about Base ISO Dynamic Range

I second that!
  10. D

A7RII game plan

The A7r2 is a no-brainer but because of its delayed shipping date I might hold off till next spring. Winter months for me means less shooting time. If the job comes up later in the year will definitely buy it then. I'm still concerned that Sony might introduce the A9 so waiting might be...
  11. D

Tethering a A7R?

I've almost totally abandoned tethering with my A7r and most of the time use Sony Smart Remote instead. It let's me use my galaxy note to view the images remotely and touch focus. All the files are saved to the card in the camera which I prefer anyways. Brian Smith has a detailed explanation at...
  12. D

Anyone have the FE 70-200/F4 yet?

I just received my 70-200 f4 and the first thing I did was take off the lens hood and put on a collapsible rubber one. Looks much smaller also fits without any problem into my Domke bag. I'm finding the lens to be extremely sharp and perfect for my travel kit. I guess I was lucky not to get a...
  13. D

making compact technical camera for A7/A7r

Great set up! How much would it cost for a 645 Pentax lens plate and a APO Rodenstock enlarging lens mounting plate? What is the time frame for delivery and is there a warranty? When is the next model coming with more shift capabilities?
  14. D

Sony vs Canon 70-200mm f4???

I would be interested what you guys think of this post on the 70-200 FE? Drei Tage mit dem Sony FE 4/70-200mm G OSS unterwegs - BERLIN BACKSTAGE fotografie It looks pretty good to me after a somewhat disappointing intro of the 24-70.
  15. D

Tethering the A7(R)

I've been shooting tethered using the Sony software also. I don't know if you know this but for live view you can plug-in and external monitor to the HDMI out and see a live image in real time and still transfer via USB tether. I can't wait to get my hands on a 4K monitor for my studio.
  16. D

Shutter Vibration

I agree totally with your statements and position on the shutter vibration issue Guy. Just for the fun of it I ran a test with my D800e side by side with the 85 1.8 and saw the A7r actually looking as good if not better at the D800e without the mirror lock up. So in normal use I prefer the A7r.
  17. D

Accessories for A7

Thank you Vincent I just saved some money.
  18. D

Nikon D800 Remote Release

Vello RS-N1 II Wired Remote 7.99 B&H
  19. D

D7100... wonderfully versatile

For me the D7100 will make a great backup camera to my D800e. I've been using a Sony NEX7 for that now, but Nikon optics will be a big plus. It will extend the reach of the 70-200 2.8 vr2. The Sigma 8-16 will be one of the lenses that I would add just for the new body. Very exciting stuff...
  20. D

best software for liveview tethering a D800e on a windows laptop

Best so far is Controle My Nikon, C1, and Lightroom.