The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Amin

Fun With Sony Cameras

Bubble bokeh, Sony A9 + FE 85/1.4 GM
  2. Amin

deleted

sorry, deleted
  3. Amin

Fun With Sony Cameras

I'm just getting back into shooting Sony. Took delivery of an A9 yesterday and my first re-purchased lens (FE 35/1.4) today. Eye AF is really something. It's like magic. A few snaps of my daughter and her ubiquitous iPad:
  4. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

Bart, I can't remember if all were wide open. But overall my results shooting that lens wide open were consistent with the Lenstip findings.
  5. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

The Voigtlander 17/0.95 is fairly sharp wide open and renders in a beautiful way. I like it so much that I bought it twice. I sold it twice because I so rarely want to shoot manual focus. Still, I'm thinking about buying it a third time :loco:. A few family photos with that lens:
  6. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

There is also the very small and light Sony 35/2.8 to consider if choosing between these two systems...
  7. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

Source: https://camerasize.com/compact/#777.615,692.682,ha,t
  8. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

Thanks, Tony. Here are a couple more snaps from this week with the 17mm f/1.2: It's not as shallow DOF as, say, Sony 35/1.4. But it's shallow enough for me, and it handles a lot better. And the Olympus bokeh is very pleasing, at least to me.
  9. Amin

F1.2 - the fast lane

I recently picked up the Olympus 17/1.2 and 45/1.2. Between those two and the Laowa 7.5/2, I think I've found my ideal 3-lens kit. A few family snaps from this week with the 17/1.2:
  10. Amin

Oly 25/1.2 pro

LensTip is very price sensitive, and in this case I think it caused them to miss how special a lens the Olympus is. The parts about spherical aberration and bokeh were not consistent with what I am seeing. The smoothness of the Olympus bokeh wide open is IMO the most unique aspect of the lens...
  11. Amin

Oly 25/1.2 pro

I love this lens. PC100008 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr PC110062 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr PC110072 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr
  12. Amin

replace M body with SL? opinions?

For I long time now, I've been waiting for them to give us the option to just toggle magnification in the the center box in our EVFs. That would be perfect.
  13. Amin

A7RII with Leica M lenses

I currently use three M mount lenses in my A7RII lens lineup, and yes I did cheap out on the adapters: DSF1627 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr The Voigtlander 15 III is fantastic on the stock A7II and A7RII. It definitely outperforms the Sony 16-35 at 16mm. The Leica 35/1.4 asph II is very good...
  14. Amin

Two different views on the Leica SL

Hi Jono, Although the affiliate sales must bias me, I believe in my heart that I am successful in preventing that bias from affecting the substance of my reviews, etc. And while I don't need adverts, clicks, or reviews to provide salary, those side revenues allow me pay for my websites without...
  15. Amin

I likie you too, Lucille. And I hold no grudge against Steve Huff. Sorry to take this thread so far off topic, all.
  16. Amin

B&H pays him at least 3% and likely more than that since Steve does high volume. That means at least $225 for every Leica SL sale that occurs after an affiliate link click. Amazon pays more than that, sometimes more than twice as much. A few more words here about affiliate revenue here. Let...
  17. Amin

That is not true. Steve posts this under his reviews so that if you buy the camera, he can make money: Also untrue. As I screenshotted earlier in this thread, I disagreed with Steve in the comments. He attacked me in response, calling me a troll and a Leica hater.
  18. Amin

Someone doesn't like the SL and/or wishes it had something another camera has, and another forum member insinuates that they are being anti-Leica or having a need to attack the camera to feel good about another camera. Someone loves the SL and points out how they prefer something about it to...
  19. Amin

I don't think of Steve Huff as my competition, and I wouldn't be rude to him regardless.
  20. Amin

At the risk of derailing this thread, I have to disagree with the bolded (by me) part of what you said here. I rarely read Steve's site and don't recall having commented there in the past other than to compliment a post here and there by him or a guest writer. However, I recently replied to...