The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS Olympus 45mm f1.8 m4/3 lens

I'll take it.
  2. G

FS: Sony A900 Body

Sony A900 in Exc+ condition used primarily for weddings. Comes with everything as new. I would prefer a local sale (Los Angeles) but would evaluate other domestic offers. Looking for $1750. Shipping and insurance would be extra. George
  3. G

35mm f1.4 edges

Not bad in my opinion. The thing I noticed though is that red fringing around the white chair and other white areas but it should be easy enough to remove in post.
  4. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Death Valley Excellent! How did you post process this photograph? George
  5. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Excellent photo Bill. George
  6. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Wow Edward. The 24-70mm @ 35mm is sharp and the bokeh not bad! Thanks for posting. George
  7. G

Need a 35mm Lens Recommendation

Thank you all for your recommendations. I think I've decided that the 35G will be my next purchase followed by the Sony 70-200mm f/2.8. And as many camera owners have said at least a few times, that should do it for my lens purchases for a good long while. :)
  8. G

Edward, Thanks for the suggestion. I see you have both Zeiss 16-35 and 24-70. So you think the 24-70 is sharper at 35 than the 16-35 at 35? Which lens has the creamier bokeh? Regards, George
  9. G

Hello again. I need suggestions on an excellent 35mm lens to use with my A900. So here are my requirements. 1. Slowest it can be is f/2.8 2. It can be a focal length on a zoom, e.g., 16-35mm f/2.8, but it must be sharpest at 35mm 3. Must have creamy bokeh 4. Must be AF 5. D for ADI...
  10. G

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Spotmatic @ Venice Beach With SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 and Ilford HP5. George
  11. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Can't wait to travel to SE Asia this coming summer. Looking forward to doing lots of street shots. These that you've posted, Quentin, are great! George
  12. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Dave, great shots! George
  13. G

A900 Newbie Flash Question

Marc, Exceptional examples. Thanks. I shoot with flash much as you've described in the great write up. I will definitely be picking up one of those MilaGrids. I think that will help make the 58 flash work better for me for portrait shots. George
  14. G

Dave, thanks for posting the samples. The shadows on the side would be a problem for me and this has actually dampened my enthusiasm for the 58 flash as it isn't a solution to replace a flash bracket. But back to your rig. I actually think that if you modified it where you have a small flash...
  15. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Bill, What is that plant called? Love the simplicity. Great shot! George
  16. G

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Edward, Great snake shots! The greens are just so vibrant. Nothing detracting about noise at ISO 1600 with NR off. George
  17. G

Dave, Post some pictures from the setup if available. I am very intrigued by this setup. George
  18. G

Dave, that is a awesome looking setup. Did you modify a stock flash grip to get the heights right or is this a straight custom job?
  19. G

Marc, Got to try out the 58 today and it is sweet. I really like the ability to rotate the flash head 90 degrees for portrait shots. ADI is very accurate even with white and black subjects. I configured the "C" button as you suggested and it does make for very easy compensation. I'm a...
  20. G

gsking, I was using a non dedicated flash with my D700 and it was working well for me as well. I'll give the 58 a go and see how things turn out. I need to buy a flash adapter to use my thyristor controlled flashes on the A900. Regards, George