The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

120 on an Arca RM3di

Thanks for clearing that up, Rod! Seems like I was mistaken!
  2. S

120 on an Arca RM3di

I am no expert, but I believe only the RL3Di can take film. The RM3Di is only for digital backs.
  3. S

Workflow Problem: 80mp vs 4x5 vs 120 film

I am not sure if I understand your creative vision completely, but why not shoot the people in the studio and the backgrounds separately and then composite them in post? This means that you can light the people as you want and shoot vertical, then use a variety of available landscape shooting...
  4. S

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Leaf Credo 40 Schneider 80mm LS ...and, Nikon SB 900 fired into a reflective umbrella :D
  5. S

Those images were meant to be in B&W with all that texture! Love the last one.
  6. S

This portrait is very special to me. It is a portrait of a very good friend of mine. Late last year, he decided to move halfway across the world in search of new opportunities. Before he left, I did a corporate shoot for him so that he has some formal images. This shot was taken between poses...
  7. S

Technical camera obsolete? (keystone correction vs. shift)

Shooting with a tech cam vs perspective corrections in post is similar to building a website in a WYSIWIG editor vs coding HTML in Notepad, IMO. I have no tech cam, but I do have a 50mm shift lend and I absolutely enjoy working with it. I could probably get the same results by shooting with the...
  8. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Beautiful Upper Austria D800, 16-35 VR
  9. S

from a pre wedding shoot I did a few weeks ago.
  10. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Rajastani woman at the Amber Fort, Jaipur. D800 + 16-35 VR
  11. S

Fun with Nikon Images

Hi jsf, If I may: Composition: To me, it is almost always awkward when a subject is cut off on a joint. This leads to an incomplete composition with the "Amputated look". Try to get a bit more of the limb into the crop. This pose might actually work as a full body shot. I would also maybe...
  12. S

Fun with Nikon Images

On the day of Eid, the Taj Mahal is accessible for free from 7 AM to 10 AM. Seen here are the local muslims making their way to the Taj for visitation and prayer at the adjoining mosque. Nikon D800, 16-35 VR
  13. S

Hasselblad X1D

If you want the best results, use Phocus. Hasselblad and phase files look awful in Lightroom.
  14. S

Hasselblad X1D

Before assuming things and generally being a douche, it would help to ask if I had done white balancing. Yes, I did. On the same spot. Manually.
  15. S

Hasselblad X1D

Because some of us like quality, not quantity.
  16. S

Hasselblad X1D

Hi Hasselblad, Thank you for answering questions in this forum and I wish you have great success with this product. As a Mamiyaleaf owner, I would just like to tell you that I would have really loved it if this product supported a focal plane shutter in addition to the leaf shutters so that I...
  17. S

Hasselblad X1D

True leaf shutter is definitely an advantage and I won't dispute that for a second. What I was hoping for was aleaf AND FP shutter platform (Like the Mamiyas and Leicas) which will allow the use of great native lenses and third party lenses.
  18. S

Hasselblad X1D

It was a product launch. Of course it will be marketing centric. Do you see Apple launching an Iphone with a launch video that shows only benchmark scores? It has not even been 24 hours since the camera was unveiled. Hold your horses. Thereal world reviews will come. I admire all that you and...
  19. S

Hasselblad X1D

Looking forward to the sample images, Hulyss. Your work is always inspiring and I am sure you will do proper justice to the camera. :)
  20. S

Hasselblad X1D

Fair enough. If Phase followed this rule, some infamous trolls in LuLa would be in big trouble :ROTFL: