The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

A review of the Millican and Fuji Camera insert collaboration...

Recently I started looking for a new camera bag and came across one in John Lewis for £199.99. It's a nice bag but not what I needed, however I was intrigued by the removable insert shown in the photos. I called Millican and spoke to a very pleasant person who told me they'd had several requests...
  2. W

X-T1 and the 10-24mm Lens impressions

I had a great day on Monday. I visited a photography show here in the UK and came out with what I had hoped; a Fuji X-T1 and a play with the forthcoming 10-24mm lens. Firstly, the X-T1. I had a quick play at the Fuji stand and if I'm honest, I wasn't so sure about it at first. However, after a...
  3. W

Picking up my M9 in the next couple of days... Go all out or try a cheap lens?

It's finally happening... My M9 is available for collection after being taken in by the store in trade. That's the body sorted but I wanted some opinions. Basically, I don't know how I'll get on with the system so I'd like to limit the cash risk by spending as little as possible surplus to the...
  4. W

The cheapest X body option?

I recently picked up an X-Pro1 and I adore it. However, I received it supposedly new, but it clearly wasn't. After finding a mark on the sensor, I've decided I'm going to return it and purchase the X-T1 on release... It sounds like an X-Pro1 on steroids. I'll miss the OVF but find I'm using it...
  5. W

Fuji X-Pro1 photo set at a restaurant opening... unedited JPEGs

I have to say I'm so far, so amazed by the X-Pro1. It's everything I'd hoped and more. I only picked it up within the last week but there's been much less of a learning curve compared to any other camera I've owned, including many DSLRs. One thing I'm surprised about are the standard JPEGs...
  6. W

Appropriate bags for the X series?

I seem to be on the cusp of acquiring at least five more lenses on top of my current 18mm f2.0 for my recently acquired X-Pro1. These will be... 23mm 35mm 60mm 55-200mm and subject to reviews, the 10-24mm (let's face it, I'm going to buy it!). Plus I'll also have a bounce flash. I have a bag...
  7. W

X- Pro1... How do the RAW and JPEG files work?

I picked the camera up earlier. So far... Amazing! The parallax was a shock until I understood it, and now I've found the DR settings, it's amazing how it performs! However, I'm struggling to understand the custom settings. I've created the following... BASIC... Standard settings C1...
  8. W

Fuji X-Pro1 TTL bounce flash options?

I currently have a Nikon SB700 with my DSLR setup and it works great. Are there any comparable flash setups for the X-Pro1 hot shoe? Thanks
  9. W

I placed a deposit on an M9... Second thoughts

I've gone through a spate of DSLRs recently with the conclusion that a DSLR will do for my more specific shoots, and professional photos. However I needed something to fill the void for travel. I wanted something high quality but smaller. The Leica is just what I wanted as it's simple, it's...
  10. W

Fuji as an alternative to a Leica M9

Hi guys, Yesterday, put a refundable deposit down on a Leica M9. The simplicity and image quality are what I like the ideal, plus I'm not a fan of EVFs after trying some and finding them a bit to point-and-shoot like on the Sony A7r. I wondered if anybody here has moved from an M9 to a Fuji...
  11. W

Four days with the Nikon Df in Andalucia, Spain

Andalucia with the Df by Wayne Goodman, on Flickr I recently purchased a Nikon Df, after trying the D600, D800e and Sony A7r. The Df was never on my radar until I'd tried the others, which just did very little for me. I don't know why... they're all incredible cameras but I didn't gel with any...
  12. W

Your favourite Nikon Df lenses?

Hi, I joined the forum recently after picking up a Sony A7r. However it just wasn't for me in the end, and I now have a Df. I'm really liking it so far and as I already had a few Nikon lenses, I'm looking really forward to trying it out on a trip soon. I wondered what lenses people have been...
  13. W

Sony A7 / A7r compatible lenses thread...

Firstly, if this has been done, my apologies. However, as my A7r will be arriving in the morning, and I'm finding it a minefield to understand which lenses are best, I thought a dedicated thread may help myself and others alike. If you have a lens combo from any brand (including sony themselves...
  14. W

Should I be concerned regarding wide angle lenses on the Sony A7r?

Hi, I hope you can help me out. I currently have the following setup... Nikon D800e Nikon 16-35mm Nikon 24-70mm Nikon 105mm macro I've been offered a trade against my D800e body with a Sony A7r and I'm 99% going ahead. The same sensor in a small body is appealing, and although I really want a...