The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Cambo Actus + Digitar 47mm + GFX?

Am I correct in assuming vertical orientation was sacrificed with your modification? Even if so, nicely done! :D
  2. A

Behind the scenes

My photo assistant, Miss Abby, accompanies me on just about every outing, including even those that take place in the middle of the night:
  3. A

FrankenKamera VIII is operational and ready to go!

Although it uses Sony's older 50 MP sensor, the Hasselblad CFV II 50C has many of the features you want (and it wouldn't be too difficult for Hasselblad to incorporate the rest of them, either!) Although I have no plans to do so often, one nice thing about my setup is that I can use my 100S on...
  4. A

A few minor details have now been addressed, the final adjustments have all been tweaked, and the cosmetic finishing touches have all been applied. Front view: As it turns out, I like having the lens mounted at a 22.5 degree offset. Because it makes it easier for me to read the lens...
  5. A

Monday Update: The lens now focuses at infinity with the focus ring set at the infinity mark. The creaking noise was traced to a loose lens panel clamp screw on the lower left side. After it was tightened slightly, the creaking noise disappeared. :) Unfortunately, my ankle is still a bit...
  6. A

It's not cosmetically finished nor finely adjusted to perfection, but it's fully operational: The bare FrankenKamera VIII is built around the rear standard of a Toyo VX23D, weighs 1 lb., 7.8 ounces, has a rotating camera mount, and provides +/- 15 mm of rear rise / fall movement, which is...
  7. A

Pentax 645 35mm lenses

I hesitate to mention this because my experience so far is both limited and preliminary, but the 33-55 zoom will likely be my 35 mm lens of choice for the architectural-type photography I enjoy. I know its internet reputation is far from stellar, but it's small, light, inexpensive and the most...
  8. A

Fujinon GX lenses on digital medium format

Gory details, indeed ... wow! :)
  9. A

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

Thanks, but these things will happen occasionally if you tinker with cameras long enough... <shrug> IIRC, Copal Press shutters are dimensionally identical to the non-Press Copal shutters, so can be interchanged with no issues other than those having to do with sample-to-sample variation...
  10. A

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

Copal Press shutter are also self-cocking, so they don't need to be cocked after each exposure. If you ever want to "spray and pray" with a view camera, these are the shutters for you! FYI, until recently, I had a working Leica R 28/f2.8 PC lens. I bought it way back when with the idea of...
  11. A

Behind the scenes

This is the raison d'être for my FrankenKamera projects! Because I want my movements -- well, at least a rear rise / fall movement -- but not the hassle of dealing with a backpack or camera bag and carrying around too much gear, just in case. It's not that I can't carry the gear with me...
  12. A

Fuji GX680 lens questions

Thanks again! <tips hat>
  13. A

Thanks for posting this, as it helps me quite a lot. Two additional questions, if you don't mind: 1) When Swebo sent you the additional mounts, did they arrive complete with everything as shown above (i.e., bellows, rotating mount bracket, and camera mount ring) or ??? 2) The part number of...
  14. A

Might I ask a favor and have you post a few photos showing the camera mount setup in closer detail? I ask because I'm presently working on a project where it might be useful and from the photos I've seen / info I've found, it's available separately from the camera and even appears to come with...
  15. A

I can't answer your other questions, but I can confirm that it's indeed possible to mount a Cambo Actus rotating camera mount bracket on a flat panel and successfully use it with a view camera and/or technical camera. I know this to be true because I have done exactly that several times now...
  16. A

CNC Machinist learning with medium format camera build

The FFD is measured from the front-facing mouniting surface of the lens bayonet to the front-facing surface of the film or sensor. A quick Google search turns up two measurements for the RB67 series of lenses: 111 mm and 112 mm. (Assuming, of course, that you plan to use an RB67 lens instead...
  17. A

Is anyone else using the Fotodiox lens adaptor that provides aperture stops?

In case you haven't already figured this out, the difference between ISO 100 and 6400 is six stops. Because of this, it's easy to use mental math to convert the exposure length at ISO 6400 to the exposure length at ISO 100 in one's head by simply swapping seconds for minutes. For example, a...
  18. A

GFX 50R on Cambo WRS Bodies

In view of the above, I think any of your proposed solutions make more sense than assembling a camera rig around a pancake-type camera ... good luck and I hope you're happy with whatever route you end up taking!
  19. A

GFX 50R on Cambo WRS Bodies

If you'll frequently be using tilt and swing movements, then I'll recommend you choose something other than a pancake-type camera to be the basis of your camera outfit. IMO, using tilt and swing movements with a pancake-type technical camera is a lot like pulling a boat on a trailer behind a...
  20. A

The great tripod & head thread!

Another possible option is an external HDMI monitor and a long cable, although a wireless phone app definitely the way to go if one is available.