The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

To Save As 16 Bit or to 8 bit Tiffs?

Depending on the subject and your sensibility you will be able to see a difference. Example: if you like clean images, free of luminance noise, you will pretty easily see posterization (mostly called banding, but it's not) in every bigger gradual color change, e.g. sky. But many users won't...
  2. R

Samsung NX300 + 2D/3D 45mm/1.8

Very nice to look at. Sometimes bokeh is quite well, sometimes pretty irritated ... But I like 3D. http://666kb.com/i/ce9u4yvgsfja4mj9q.jpg here ist seems, beside the narrow stereo base the effect even reaches the distance. The explaination picture: Does it tell me, that max size of 3D-image is...
  3. R

First real review of the DPQ2

I pretty much like your enthusiasm! :D Well, I'm always blown away by fine foveon pictures. I still see some flaws here, but resolution is nice and beside the flaws it seems, the quattro is still different from the competitors and worth its money.
  4. R

Sigma DP2 Quattro samples have been posted

DC Watch review is indeed the best so far. Yet there are things to complain about, line noise (look at the flower shot, JPEG version!), color loss in shadows still present as known from the Merrill, some color spots. But at least the RAW output seems quite good most often: less jaggies, less...
  5. R

Oh, this is what you meant, okay. Yes, aperture value does not influence live view. Indeed you'll have to improvise, e.g. look at the exposure correction and estimate/judge ... luckily to me it's not a big issue. I wouldn't trust the image anyway and most often I'm fine with little corrections...
  6. R

I think you two disagree what live view is. One wants live view without any delay and flaws, even with augmented helps, the other one in a way just wants to see most of the image he would have seen through a viewfinder. ;) I agree it's not excellent live view, but I think it is. And the...
  7. R

SIGMA Photo Pro 6.0 is coming

Anyone got this working with wine in GNU/Linux? First time to me SPP does not work in wine. Hopefully they didn't f*ck up the software with windows only stuff ( since they also recommend installing some win-patches this indeed may be a reason). Want to see v 6.1 running well with Non-Merrills...
  8. R

I even saw it is usable with older Non-Merrill-DPs. But honestly, I pretty much doubt the quality is good. May help in sunlight though. Would be interesting to send live view to a tablet PC ... wouldn't be great as well, but since it's quite a lot bigger, focussing and judging in fix setups at...
  9. R

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

V6, but not the V6 GT? I thought the additonal door lock button is GT only. Anyway, nice car! =)
  10. R

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

It even is the GT, isn't it? =)
  11. R

SPP RAW developer

Well, I'm still using PS sometimes (as long as GIMP 2.10 is not stable). But it really is finishing only; removing dots, cutting, etc. - most times little corrections only. Few times it's a combination of images due to dynamic range increase. But all methods are not related to Foveon images, no...
  12. R

Yep, a RAW out of a more recent production Quattro would be nice. Nature, no studio with f/13. I think these samples are too old and were made for presentation-PDFs (as stated and once leaked in the xitek-forums) ... not for a showcase. Even if they turned off noise reduction, the...
  13. R

Re: Sigma DP Quattro samples have been posted No wonder, it's the same bird and sample picutre as leaked some weeks ago. ^^
  14. R

Sigma DP2x - TIPS & IMAGES

I still have a DP2x. I rarely use it, since DP1M+DP3M are a great couple ... but I think you'll have fun. I wouldn't overexpose with the DP2x, since the x-models tend to clip highlights (due to AFE even faster than the original or s-models). It seems to be the price for being quicker and more...
  15. R

OnOne Perfect Effects 8 can process Merrill X3Fs!?!

Interesting. Color interpretation is difficult ... that's why other converters have bad colors, too (e.g. dcraw). Would be nice, if there would be more developers caring about our Merrills so we'll get usable alternatives to SPP. I'm quite happy with SPP. But what bugs me most is the poor image...
  16. R

DP Merrill color Landscapes

I also give the DP my favor ... decreasing detail is more easy than increasing. I like the DP more in the lower half (field), the A7 gave a more dreamy sky. But you can get such a sky with a DP, too. Just lower color noise reduction, maybe increase luminance noise reduction and set fill light...
  17. R

Sigma DP3M

Here's another shot in full size and full of detail with fissures and cracks ... to make the pixel peepers out there very happy: =)
  18. R

Sigma DP3M

I've been using a 5D + lot of fine fixed focal lengths for quite some years and I always enjoyed the results. But in the last year I was using the Merrills only and when I'm now using the 5D rarely again, or while postprocessing its raw files, I wonder why they are so soft ... and I wonder if...
  19. R

Sigma DP3M

All of them seem to be packed with details all over, Julian! Nice little micro contrasts. =) And yes, dealing with the results of my other cams is strange somehow. Always wondering if their results used to be sharper, or if I only supposed em to be sharper back then.
  20. R

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

This thread does need more support ... :clap: