The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Sandokan

Why did you buy your latest camera?

The Reid and Sigrist has been on my wish list for some time and when my dealer had one in stock (with Taylor lens and leather case and UVa filter), my resistance lasted almost 0.4s
  2. Sandokan

Hasselblad service for V-system equipment?

For those in Europe or Switzerland, I recommend Claudio Fabio in Zurich. http://www.camera-service.ch/en/index.html
  3. Sandokan

Using Flash w/907x

I checked a Leica SL in "Always use electronic shutter" mode and it doesnt fire the flash at any sync speed. I would try others, but as far as I am concerned, electronic shutters dont fire flashes.
  4. Sandokan

Using Flash w/907x

Summary: Fixed. Switch electronic shutter off. Details: Racked my head and did various testing with different triggers (plain simple Photix which require their own receivers and various Flashpoint and Godox), different cables, different modes (A, S, P, M, Full Auto). All worked with other...
  5. Sandokan

Using Flash w/907x

Two years on. I have two Flashpoint monolight flashes at home. In the studio at the club where they have Elinchrom lights, I had a setup with either a 3.5mm to (I forget if it was 2.5mm or) 3.5mm in the trigger and the CFV50 worked fine to trigger the Elinchrom flashes in manual mode. Another...
  6. Sandokan

Fun with the LX100 / D-Lux Typ 109

Oh dear. I hate you ... just when I had my heart set on a discounted GX7, you have made me think of something else. I had trouble enough with the announcement of the sony 7ii. This Lx100 seems like the GX7 with a fixed fast zoom. And compact.