The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Worth moving into a tech camera system for wide angles at this stage?

I don't think the back-illuminated CMOS or the curved sensor would come to the medium format digital in the near future. But I have a simple question: Why can't Rodenstock or Schneider just design a lens like the Canon 17mm TS-E? Is it now a safer bet to go for the Canon 17mm TS-E + ALPA FPS...
  2. J

Are you aware that some GND has color cast (e.g. Lee has a blue cast and Singh-Ray has a red cast)? Also it is not always possible to find a perfect fit of the GND - you may cut off some foreground. This transition area could be extremely difficult to eliminate in post processing if you take the...
  3. J

Are you sure about this? I think I used to see an analysis of the RAW files of the IQ260 somewhere before, and the range of levels is 0-65535 (16-bit) instead of the 0-16383 (14-bit, like the Nikon NEF). Do you mean that the Phase One digital backs actually samples with 14-bit DAC then does some...
  4. J

Thanks! I have tried the Zeiss 15mm but the corners looked even softer than that of the Nikon 14-24mm. If I go for the 23HR I don't even need to worry about filter solutions. (The Nikon 14-24mm needs a gigantic Fotodiox, and the Zeiss 15mm needs a hood modification.)
  5. J

Thanks Doug! Your work of comparison between the IQ2 series backs are extremely helpful! Actually it was your work which drew my attention to the sharpness of the world of Rodenstock HR lenses! You are the guilty one :D The 23HR is a must buy for me as I want one lens for widest angle of view...
  6. J

Thanks for the reply! I understand that I can take an LCC shot with the Grad ND, but I would still get noise in local areas where the Grad ND hurts the foreground. This is still less than ideal. Would you mind sharing the actual trading prices of the 28XL when the DALSA CCD became popular? Do...
  7. J

Hi everyone, I mostly photograph landscapes and architecture, and after lurking in this forum for a while, I decide to register a forum account and ask your ideas about joining this club. I have been shooting with a Nikon D800E. I am not satisfied with the corner sharpness and the chromatic...