The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Thoughts on Sigma 150 2.8 latest version

Guy, Did you check this site: Sigma 150 mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM Macro review - Image resolution - Lenstip.com Overall it seems quite a good performer.
  2. J

Scan issues and assistance (Nikon coolscan V)

A question, the scan result, does it show the grain of the slide? Is that grain sharp? I have experience in both nikon scan and silverfast, both should produce a shapr scan from the slide, that is the grain should be sharp. The image on the slide can be unsharp of course.
  3. J

Method for "tagging" images files with clinical data?

I assume you are talking about images created with a digital camera, a P&S or a DSLR. In broad terms and using consumer available software, i think tethered shooting, getting the image straight into a package like LR, and in that sw package add metadata following some protocol wrt use of...
  4. J

S2 Chromatic Aberration - how big an issue is it?

I use a D700 with leica r lenses, and do get purple fringing and ca in certain cases. Also before buying the D700 i had a D3 with the nikon 24-70 2.8 zoom to test, and in a particular occasion made a picture of tree backlit by early morning sun, shot wide open at 28mm. It shows heavy purple...
  5. J

Wooden tripods

Jeff, If vibration damping is a very important aspect, then a berlebach without a center column is best. This is true for any tripod with a center column. I do not know about the Ries, but there are more tests that show that a berlebach has excellent damping, and appears for that reason quite a...
  6. J

Some Exciting Personal News

If this is "Not safe for work", then what IS safe?:thumbup: Strong compositions, very graphic, definitely not erotic, yet quite feminine.
  7. J

How do you organize your images?

I use Lightroom nowadays. I used to use iMatch, but went for LR because of its virtual copy capabilities, as well as its integrated and non-destructive editing of images. My workflow is described in a paper, see my website www.fromklicktokick.com In essence my image organisation is a combined...
  8. J

Leica Leitz Summicron-R 50mm F2 vs Leica Summicron-R 50mm F2

http://www.imx.nl/photo/downloads/files/llcforweb.pdf Also: via leica.com, then go to downloads and make selection, it will give you erwin puts reports on particualr lenses as well. Jan R. Smit www.fromklicktokick.com
  9. J

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

A cold, still moment in the never-ending struggle with the elements: Quite cold, strong wind, cold enough to make the film so stiff the winder on my M6(+ summicron 50) needed some assistance ;-) Jan R. Smit www.janrsmit.com
  10. J

Lightroom 3 Beta

Mwalker, what do you mean with double profiling? Jan R.
  11. J

Sean Reid s Review of the M9

Jono, Just send you a email to suggest a time and place:) Jan R.
  12. J

Looking for a M lens primer, for M9 use

Michael, I use on a D700 leica R 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 100mm, and 180mm. But use mostly the28, 35, and also 50mm Also use a M6, with 28, 50, 90, 135mm, mostly 28 and also 50mm. The 28 is the 2.8 ASPH Elamrit, it is small, sharp all over the image, limited vignetting and easy to correct in...
  13. J

Sean Reid s Review of the M9

Jono, i live in Holland, in Almere to be precise. Possibility to meet? You can stay in my place if it suits you. Gives me a chance to fel this M9 ;-) Jan R.
  14. J

anybody seeing S2 image files yet?

Doug, Totally agree. The one thing though i enjoy actually is the amount of "noise" on the internet around the new leica's. Apparently their paradigm is direction setting. Perhaps: "l'histoire se repete"? Ithink it is, and enjoying to be part of it in realtime. That is why i this forum is...
  15. J

The M9 Chat Box

Guy, Erik, Why should i, as an amateur, give more thrust to a pro, like you Guy for instance (no pun intended), than to a famous person like seal? Not all pro's are like you describe, nor does that give me an indication whether that particular system is ok for me. At the end of the day i...
  16. J

D700 Usage Questions

Corlan, I use the leitax bajonets, they are very well made, and dimensionaly accurate. I did not (yet) run into the problems of borrowed computers when on the road. I have a decent stack of cf cards with me so far sufficient. At home or when working with my laptop (a simple Acer one) i ingest...
  17. J

D700 Usage Questions

Simon, I use the D700 with Leica lenses, manual focus and find the standard screen more than adequate. I always use 14-bits, simply because i want the have the max quality captured in raw. What is not captured at the "click" can never be recovered afterwards. During processing i can then...
  18. J

Leica R lens to Nikon AF confirm adapter

Focus confirmation works fine up to f5.6. FC is a fnction of the camera-body. The f5.6 limitation is also true for nikon lenses or any other brand lens you can mount on the nikon body. Jan R.
  19. J

New Life :Leica R lens on Nikon D3

Monza, I use leica r on my D700, and have no problems with focusing. I use the standard D700, no katz-eye or similar. The focus confirmation in the lower left i use as well but without focusing my eye on it, it stays in the periphery and is a welcome addition. Up to F5.6 you get the round...
  20. J

Leica R lens to Nikon AF confirm adapter

Charles, I use the Leitax bajonet to mount Leica lesnes on a Nikon D700 and it is the D700 that gives focus confirmation, not the bajonet. This add in eBay is simply not telling the truth, a lie. There is no electronics invloved, yet suggest so, and not all leica r lenses can be adapted purely...