The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fun with Olympus EM5 Mark ii 40mp only

Re: Two more 64 MPx example files to play with Scott, Carl, FYI, this is what the same section looks like processed via AccuRaw (at default settings) Sandy
  2. S

The Leica T - Impressions and Images

For those interested, I've put up a blog post about the Leica T's DNG format. It does indeed contain lens correction data, in the form of DNG opcodes: ChromaSoft: Leica T (Typ 701) raw file (DNG) analysis Sandy
  3. S

Promising new Mac RAW app for Fuji X Trans

Drop me an email with the details, preferably a console log/crash log Sandy
  4. S

Richard, You can find the lastest AccuRaw beta here...

Richard, You can find the lastest AccuRaw beta here: http://sites.google.com/site/accuraw/beta-download If you want to receive updates, please email me on [email protected] Please note the T&Cs Regards, Sandy
  5. S

To justify that, AccuRaw would have to be successful beyond my wildest dreams. :D So I wouldn't hold my breath. Sandy
  6. S

No Foveon support, sorry. Sandy
  7. S

Godfrey, AccuRaw is intended to be a "technically accurate" raw converter, both as regards color rendition and demosiacing. As you know, existing raw converters take a number of decisions out of the hands of the user in favor of giving results that will look good immediately, with as little...
  8. S

My point was, the intention of the beta is not just to find bugs, it's to find out what additional features are important to users. AccuRaw can't ever compete with LR or C1, nor was it ever intended to. But it can be useful to photographers that want a product focussed on accuracy of rendering -...
  9. S

B5 isn't feature complete Sandy
  10. S

Raw support coming to C1 Pro soon

Both renderings are pretty good. Everybody needs to make their own decisions, and I'm obviously a bit biased :D. But if I may point out, take a look at the blue thread where it runs across the area of orange threads. In the AccuRaw rendering, the thread stays blue. In the other rendering -...
  11. S

Demosaicing the Fuji Xpro-1

Jono, No MM support yet. I'm toying with the idea of a special MM version but either way there probably won't be support till production versions of the MM ship. Suggest you try PhotoRaw Lite before buying - raw conversion on the iPad is not everybody's cup of tea. However, something I can...
  12. S

Demosaicing the Fuji Xpro-1

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, and a Mac version of PhotoRaw is an interesting idea, but there are already a whole lot of raw converters in that space - Aperture, LR, C1 SILKYPIX in the commercial space, RPP, RT, etc in the free/open source space. I don't think that PhotoRaw for the...
  13. S

RPP supports XP1

David, Interesting thought, but too much competition on the Mac - on the commercial side you have Lightroom, Aperture, SILKYPIX and C1, etc, and open source/free side there's already RPP, RawTherapee, etc Just no room for yet another player. Sandy
  14. S

RPP supports XP1

You can try PhotoRaw Lite for free and decide for yourself........ And you know where to find me :) Sandy
  15. S

IPAD for travel use: backup storage & image viewer

The thing with the iPad (and iPhone) is that the image that you end up with depends on how it was loaded onto the iPad. So, e.g., if you use iTunes, and sync photos, iTunes will "helpfully" downres images if they are more than about twice the screen resolution. However, if you use iTunes file...
  16. S

M9 color shift for ultrawides

You need a shot of a white wall, or a gray test card - something that's uniformly lit. Sandy
  17. S

A list of lenses that have been tested on the NEX--good and bad!

Cindy, CornerFix 1.4.0.3 should work fine with a NEX - I have a NEX-5 myself these days :) CornerFix is good at irregular vignetting since the M9 came out(!) The process is exactly the same as for regular M8/M9 vignetting, other than you have to convert the NEX file to DNG via Adobe's free DNG...
  18. S

DAM software for Mac?

I'm afraid I have to rescind the advice I gave above about marking a DNG file read only ensuring that Lightroom/ACR will not change it under any circumstances. Some testing on my part showed that out that under the right combination of circumstances, it can be modified. One set of circumstances...
  19. S

DAM software for Mac?

I think what you misunderstand is what I was solving for - to make sure LR/ACR will not change the file, which is what at least some people want from a DAM system. I wasn't getting into the issue of under what circumstances LR should or should not write a sidecar file, or trying to write a...
  20. S

DAM software for Mac?

I think you misunderstand; that's as intended. After you have set the file to read only, LR is correctly refusing to modify it, and telling you so. That's the point. Of course, for this to work properly, you have to have your system correctly configured; if LR is running with administrator...