The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

GH3... the one to get?

I'm wondering if Shoot Without Lens is an option for legacy lens use and if Olympus-branded flash units are compatible.
  2. R

the longest effective focal length you own, show us a shot !

American Goldfinch, taken with Panasonic Lumix GH1 with Canon New FD 400m f/4 lens and Novoflex adapter, ISO 400, f/8, 1/400 sec., on tripod
  3. R

WTB: Canon 580 EX I

Looking for first version of the 580 EX flash unit. Must include pouch, mini-stand, and instruction book, and be in top condition. Thanks.
  4. R

Photo mounting and plexiglass

I've used American Frame for both frames and plexiglass. With the plexiglass you do have to be very careful about static electricity and dust. I use an Ilford Antistaticum cloth to wipe down the materials before final assembly.
  5. R

Panoramas

If it went wrong, it's right in at least one sense: it has an Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass feel to it. I like it.
  6. R

Are you still shooting 35mm film?

Yes, I still shoot 35mm film, mainly Fujichrome Provia 100, with a mechanical Canon F1 or a Zeiss-Ikon Contessa. I also shoot some medium format with an old Pentax 6x7. It takes me back to what I first loved about photography.
  7. R

m43 users of legacy lenses--lens collars?

I use the Canon FD 300mm f/4L and 400 f/4.5 on a tripod using their lens collars. But I'd also like collars for my Canon FD 135 f/2 and 85 f/1.2L for shooting video off a tripod. Mounting the GH1 directly on the tripod with these lenses hanging off is just scary.
  8. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Fawn resting in backyard while digesting plants from our garden:cry: Panasonic Lumix GF1, Cameraquest adapter, Canon FDn 400mm f/4.5
  9. R

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

G1, Lumix 20mm f/1.7, Swarovski ST80 HD spotting scope with 30xW eyepiece and digital camera adapter. American Goldfinch shot wide open at 1/640 sec., ISO 400, 35mm effective focal length 1300mm.
  10. R

Digiscoping with G1 and Swarovski Scope

More Digiscoping with G1 20mm Pancake and Swarovski Scope Different bird, different day, different lens: the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7. Shot wide open at 1/640 sec., ISO 400, otherwise the same setup, Swarovski ST80 HD scope and 30xW eyepiece. The few mm of lens travel when focusing turns out...
  11. R

Thanks, I've got to get my conversion calculator working!
  12. R

Much as I enjoy using my FD lenses, when I'm out birding with my spotting scope it's nice to photograph without carrying any additional hardware.
  13. R

Thanks hodad66, will do. Funny, I'm shooting Canon FD with my G1 also: 24 f/2, 35 f/2, 50 f/1.4, 50 f/1.2 L, 85 f/1.2 L, 100 f/2, 135 f.2, 300 f/4 L and 400 f/4.5, and still shooting some film now and then with an F1 or T90.
  14. R

I recently started digiscoping with my Panasonic Lumix G1, the kit lens, and my Swarovski ST80 HD scope, using the Swarovski digital camera adapter and Swarovski 30xW eyepiece. There is some vignetting up to about 16mm and beyond 21mm or so, otherwise the combination works well. A sample is...
  15. R

What's your µ4/3 QR-plate and head solution?

I don't understand the objection to the RRS B6 plate, unless it is the need to accommodate the raised area on the base of the G1, which is easily done without any filing, as described in earlier posts. The one RRS is now recommending, the BPnS, looks quite similar, except for the cork piece...
  16. R

What's your µ4/3 QR-plate and head solution?

I also use the RRS B-6 plate. I compressed a square piece of bicycle inner tube between the plate and the bottom of my G1 to insure a snug fit. I use a FOBA Mini SuperBall QR head.
  17. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Trying out newly-acquired Canon FDn 400mm f/4.5. American Goldfinch, G1, f/8, 1/125, ISO 100.
  18. R

Old Airplanes

North American TP51C Mustang (dual control trainer variant), G1 with kit lens:
  19. R

Old Airplanes

In-flight view from tail-gunner position, Consolidated B24J Liberator, G1 with kit lens:
  20. R

Canon FD 500 f/8 reflex lens question

Has anyone here used the Canon FD 500mm f/8 reflex lens with their Panasonic G1/GH1/GF1 camera? I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks!