The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

X1D with 3rd party lens

The building was at f/8, the salt formations f/11. Alex
  2. R

X1D with 3rd party lens

I uploaded two 3FR files taken with the X1D and TS-E 17mm with Kipon adapter for all your pixel peeping pleasure. The Rhyolite Cook Bank building was shot at full shift. The other was shot with no shift, at about -2.8º tilt...
  3. R

X1D and the ACTUS XCD and the CANON Adpater

With Canon TS-E 17mm, the last 3mm or so of shift will result in noticeable vignetting on the X1D, the rest of the shift range is very usable. I tried mine with the Kipon EF-X1D adapter, which allows for electronic aperture control. No issues. Alex
  4. R

X1D with tele lens

Results with Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II and Kipon EF-XCD adapter here. Alex
  5. R

xpan lenses on x1d

https://fotodioxpro.com/products/xpan-xcd-pro
  6. R

Stolen Leica equipment

FWIW Setadel Studios is a shop located in Ontario, Canada. I had purchased from them before via ebay. They were courteous and resolved a problem amicably. I'm also curious how they would respond to this.
  7. R

X1D Control Dial Issues

The issue occurs anywhere the wheels are used. For example, moving the focus point with the wheels exhibits the same problem. My front wheel seems to work better than the rear; it also behaves as such when moving the focus points. At this point I believe it's a hardware issue. Alex
  8. R

X1D Control Dial Issues

You are right Howard. I was advised by HB to send the unit in to get the wheels fixed. Was also told that the next firmware would not address any issue with the wheels. Alex
  9. R

X1D: Where are we at?

FWIW, I've always had the wheels problem you described. I have not yet updated to the latest (mini) firmware.
  10. R

Really Right Stuff L Plate for the X1D: Please advice

No problem to report here. Never had any RRS plate causing scratches to camera body.
  11. R

Where is the X1D ????

My X1D, along with its elder sibling, were at Grimes Canyon this past weekend. ISO 100, f/4.0, 256 sec x 6 exposures. I note the following observations: 1) Battery drain was better than expected. I shot about 75 frames within 2 hours. About 25 frames were long exposures > 1 minute. Still had...
  12. R

Where is the X1D ????

I think a shipment of X1D batteries has just arrived state-side. Precision Camera in Austin, TX has 4 in stock at the moment. Call and ask for Sarah in their online sales department. Other dealers may have them as well. Alex
  13. R

Fun with X1D

Got a new toy this weekend that should take my photography to a higher level! :p 1/1600 sec, f/3.5, ISO 200 with XCD 45. Alex
  14. R

Where is the X1D ????

Thanks for the report, Joe. Would be interesting to see how long it'll take for your 2nd order to ship. Hopefully not another 4 months! Alex
  15. R

Fun with X1D

It's time to joining in on the fun! So far I've used the X1D as a casual "lifestyle" walk-around camera, and have enjoyed it tremendously. It's simple, light, and produces amazing results. I usually use aperture priority, center point manual focus (back button focus) with peaking, auto ISO...
  16. R

Fun with X1D

Chris, or anyone, Would you kindly confirm that the Metz M400 works with XCD 30 and 45 lenses with the lens hood on, i.e., the hood does not cast a shadow in the lower part of the photo? Thanks! Alex
  17. R

Hasselblad X1D

Ship date for the body is now end of Sept at B&H. Ship date info is no longer showing for the two lenses.