The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Small backpack - help

I’ve just picked up a Wandrd duo daypack. Haven’t had the chance to use it properly yet but I like its understated style and it would fit the kit the OP mentioned pretty handily with plenty of room for other paraphernalia.
  2. R

FS: Hasselblad XCD 30mm

Hi - is this still available?
  3. R

X1D Discount

Just ordered the X1D with 45mm from Kamera Express for €7k which is £6,100 for me. Cheaper than the body only in the UK
  4. R

Hasselblad X1D teardown - doesn't look very neat compared against Sony

The tech in this thread is way beyond me but does anyone know when the camera that was disassembled was manufactured? I'm fairly certain there were hardware changes between the ones that dealers had in store a year ago for demos and the ones that began shipping to customers earlier this year (I...
  5. R

X1D: Where are we at?

I expect that firmware upgrades will address a lot of their criticisms and my view is that the dial and possibly the touchscreen issues that they had were due to older hardware (the hardware of the ones that shipped to customers was definitely improved over the ones that dealers have had to demo...
  6. R

Where is the X1D ????

Re: Got my X1D 4116 today in Paris Really like the first one. What is happening in the sky on the second one?
  7. R

X1D: Where are we at?

Can't agree with that. Particularly as there are professionals using it for the exactly the things you say aren't professional use cases. I think it is a great tool for a professional, particularly for any work that is handheld
  8. R

Hasselblad X1D

Don't think it is abnormal. Leica have just increased the price of the M10 and still have thousands of people waiting for their orders
  9. R

Flash for Leica Q?

I don't think it has ever been a secret that the sf40 is a rebadged Nissin i40 the same way that the sf26 is a rebadged Metz 26 af1. The difference is that the Leica versions work TTL on Leicas and the other versions don't. If TTL isn't important to you then the Nissin or Metz versions will be...
  10. R

Hasselblad X1D v. Fuji GFX: Who Has Used Both?

This thread has really set the cat among the pigeons. I totally understand people wanting to defend their purchases but don't at all get why that has to be done by talking down other products
  11. R

Fun with X1D

Really like this. Great lighting on the tower. Was it taken from the bridge where the incident happened last week?
  12. R

Flash for Leica Q?

The SF40 is a really great little flash. It is £279/$349 new in UK. If you talk to a web dealer you may be able to get the VAT (20%) excluded for shipping to US so £230/$290 plus shipping. If you don't like it there is a pretty ready market for used ones so cost of ownership is quite small. I...
  13. R

Where is the X1D ????

I've just seen the lens is now listed on the Park Cameras website with photos and specs. https://www.parkcameras.com/p/H242191K/hasselblad-lenses-xcd-mount/hasselblad/hasselblad-xcd-120mm-macro-f35-lens Apologies if these were widely known already, I just hadn't seen it before.
  14. R

Fun with X1D

Oh I guessed you wouldn't have used the dehaze filter and would have treated the sky and foreground differently. For me though, layers are still something other people do..
  15. R

Fun with X1D

Thanks for posting the raw. You clearly did a fair bit of work to it :) That said, there is so much latitude in the file to play with. I am still a novice in LR but I just saw how effective the dehaze slider can be on the sky in your image so I've learnt something today :thumbup:
  16. R

Where is the X1D ????

sorry, the 120mm is the one they've held. They don't have any details yet on the 60mm in terms of size of aperture.
  17. R

Where is the X1D ????

so I've heard mine is arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping I can get a Nissin i60A Nikon fit flash to work on it either with or without the Air Commander..I have my suspicions though so I've ordered the smallest Nikon flash as well to keep me going until I can get that figured out. I also...
  18. R

Where is the X1D ????

Batteries have to be shipped by sea rather than air. Same thing is happening with the Leica M10 batteries that are now readily available in Europe but still no sign of them in US
  19. R

Fuji GFX 32-64 Zoom v. Hasselblad X1D 30 and 45mm Primes

Which do you feel is closer to the real colours in the scene? The warmer colour of the trees in the Hasselblad looks better to me but then looking at the snow maybe the Fuji is getting it whiter? Apologies but only looking from an ipad
  20. R

Hasselblad X1D vs. Fuji GFX - my experiences

I always find it frustrating! Biggest drawback for me on x series cameras was knowing that Id be doing myself a disservice by not using Iridient even though it was awkward for my workflow. I'd understand Adobe not optimising for Fuji if it was a tiny manufacturer but the x series is incredibly...