The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Firmware Update 1.3 for GX7

unzip it, copy to top level of a 32 GB or smaller card, stick card in gx7, turn on gx7, see prompt or you could follow the instructions at the panasonic joint update service page: Joint update service for Four Thirds body and lenses | Download | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Consumer Products |...
  2. L

What's a good upgrade to a Lumix G1

the GX7 offers peaking as a MF aid which i don't think is available on the GH3 or G6.
  3. L

Kern Switar 25mm f1.4 focusing problem

Fwiw, I eventually sent my 26mm f1.1 to dieter @ procam (bolexusa) to get mine recollimated for use on m43. The R&R included cleaning and lubrication.
  4. L

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

are those in the orkin zoo??
  5. L

GH2 impressions

What metering mode is your camera set for? Can you provide an example of a typical shot?
  6. L

very nice!! much nicer than the snow and gray sky outside here. i originally wondered if the link was broken, until the image suddenly appeared about 90 seconds after the text!
  7. L

from what i've seen on the other forums, CAF for video was in the preproduction GH2 0.2 firmware, but removed from the production 1.0 firmware. given the current weather conditions, i haven't tried AFC for stills on a fast moving object.
  8. L

GH2 impressions

i would love to hear your experience on the 12-60 with the GH2. I did play with that combo for a whole five minutes in a camera store in the bay area, so it does work with contrast AF.
  9. L

GH2 impressions

coming from a G1, i'm forever trying to use the front thumbwheel on the GH2. it's going to take a while to retrain the muscle memory!! i really do like the usability of the higher ISO values, since most of the places i tend to shoot disallow the use of a tripod.
  10. L

just how close were you to the squirrell?? looks like a perfect portrait. eyes and face are in perfect focus and the expression is great!!:D
  11. L

El Cheapo GH1

Are those domestic Japanese units, or or for the international market? Less than useful if they're locked to japanese only menus.
  12. L

GH2 impressions

thanks for the pointer!! the google translator even does a decent job going from german to english. the night shot video testing posted on jan 14 of the nikon, canon 60D and GH2 was quite interesting !!
  13. L

GH2 impressions

i've got to wonder if this is referring to the moire issue of the 60D video. i've seen references both at that review and on philip bloom's blog on having to deal with this moire when downrezzing from 60D FF to 1080P video output.;)
  14. L

GH2 impressions

There's at least one review that seems to have a different opinion on a number of your talking points. http://www.eoshd.com/content/465-Canon-60D-versus-Panasonic-GH2-Full-Review-Part-2
  15. L

Travel charger for GF1, G1

Funny, but I actually prefer a corded charger. I usually travel with a small/short power strip because lots of accommodations have limited number of outlets. The corded chargers typically eat up just one outlet while the direct wall units often make the adjacent outlets inacccessible...
  16. L

GH2 impressions

The gh2 is definitely available body only thru panasonic direct. Or you could look in the commercial sales forum here and contact monza
  17. L

Autofocusing PL 45 with a GH2

i've seen comments elsewhere that using the GH2's touch screen to pick the focus point is a real plus with this lense. unfortunately, i don't have a copy of this lense to try out
  18. L

GH2 impressions

VLC and imovie support AVCHD just fine.
  19. L

a lovely lens, definitely handholdable on a G1. looking forward to a better performance on a GH2 body http://www.flickr.com/photos/27760039@N03/3618118409/meta/in/set-72157619597198590 http://www.flickr.com/photos/27760039@N03/3616242097/meta/in/set-72157619597198590 also expecting my copy of...
  20. L

iPhone 4 discussions

Picked mine up on launch day. Flawless out of the box. No yellow spots and no issues with reception. I guess my hands just aren't sweaty enough! I'm a former verizon user and locally verizon had very poor reliability at my house AT&T is a big improvement. YMMV I'll be in the bay area the next...