The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Technical Camera Images

There‘s something about the geometry in this image that really draws me in.
  2. A

Fun with MF images 2024

The most famous cat on getdpi.com!
  3. A

A macro lens for the view camera

I have used a 135 mm Schneider enlarger lens with movements. I‘m away from home so I don’t have the details of the lens.
  4. A

What F-Stop range do you use

I‘m curious about the f1.4 lenses. Assuming the poll is for MF compatible lenses. The widest aperture MF lens I have used is the old Mamiya 80 f1.9.
  5. A

Insurance for digital backs UK which should I use?

Until about 2 years ago, I was with towergate insurance. Their underwriter stopped supporting non-professional photographers. After hunting around I finally ended up with aaduki. This is for an IQ4 150, so the cover exceeded the single item 20K limit almost everybody else had.
  6. A

GFX 100II won't trigger flash when HC lens attached

Perhaps a viral YouTube or tik tok video?
  7. A

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

This is very interesting! Every culture seems to have a reason to burn things on a grand scale. Is this a Hamburg only phenomenon?
  8. A

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

@ggibson - Lovely images! Brings back memories of when my children were little! I took a lot of photos on 35mm slide.
  9. A

Capture One Update Process? Muffed.

You just need to open your existing catalogue from the file -> open menu. If you have a saved workspace, you can reload it in place of the default.
  10. A

Poll: What are the most critical IQ5 features you'd upgrade for?

EVF should be possible even in the current IQ4. It needs some firmware changes. Use the hdmi to drive the display. Use the touch screen like a tablet to interface the on-screen pointer with the touch on the screen. It will feel a bit disconnected in the beginning like learning to use a Wacom...
  11. A

Poll: What are the most critical IQ5 features you'd upgrade for?

To be honest, I moved from the IQ3 100 to the IQ4 150 for 2 reasons - the BSI and the frame averaging. The improved noise performance was a bonus. The pixel count did not matter. If the IQ5 will have a 3:2 aspect, it would definitely be a big negative for me. However, it will probably take...
  12. A

Where have they gone?

It‘s a bit techie using Argyll - https://torger.se/anders/photography/argyll-print.html
  13. A

Where have they gone?

I use Torger’s guide for printer calibration. I haven’t seen one of the Titans - Dan Lindberg either for a while.
  14. A

Artifacts in Phase One IQ260 Live View

Yes, this is normall. In bright light, I use a variable ND to tame the artefacts. I never use live view on the xf, only with a cambo actus.
  15. A

Phase one 645 df+ Autofocus mirror fell out

With the back off and the mirror up, that secondary mirror should also be folded. It will be in the optical path when taking images. If you cannot return the camera for a refund, it would be cheaper to gat another used one, rather than get it repaired. Check mpb.com. I have used them over...
  16. A

Schneider-Kreuznach APO-Digitar 35mm f/5.6 L-88° on GFX

That was an interesting read! Thank you Rob! So, does this lens join the bang for buck list? Anwar
  17. A

Print Fotos Typ of Paper Recommendation

I’m guessing - if you convert the image to Lab, the luminosity is only in the L channel, effectively throwing away 2/3 of the data. Since you can transform back and forth between RGB and Lab, this seems correct.
  18. A

More on Diffraction - Why is it There?

@MGrayson - I enjoy your lectures! You have a knack for making unintuitive concepts intuitively easy to understand! Thank you for taking the time to do this! Anwar
  19. A

Transport screw for Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro

If I remember correctly, isn’t that screw moved to a different location under the scanner once it’s unlocked? In the worst case scenario, you should be able to get a similar screw. I can check the screw this weekend and let you know the dimensions.