The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Rollei 6000 prism (45 grade) modified to HY6

Not according to DHW -- HY6/AFi model is different. Dave.
  2. D

inside your epson 7900

Sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting for his parts to arrive and some final results. This is amazing, with lessons for all of us (not quite sure what they all are yet, however. :-). ) Dave.
  3. D

Non-PQ lenses on Hy6/Afi

I have a 4.5/55mm SK TS lens that works fine on AFi II, thanks to Onick at Rollei and Hensel in New Jersey. Aperture isn't coupled, but it closes down properly and takes great images. Dave.
  4. D

Tech cameras and IQ.

Jae M -- The 2.5mm (12.5mm/5 revolutions) has been widely published, although I can't lay my hands on a definitive statement. I've sent you an email regarding your other observations. Dave.
  5. D

focusing techcamera with distometre

From analysis of Arca's calibrations for a few lenses, the Rm3di calibration seems to be based on distances measured from the front nodal point (i.e., the lens, not the sensor). However, the data on Arca's crib cards appear to be based on calculations for lenses with specific focal lengths --...
  6. D

replacing flip lock on as cube

Once I discovered the phase 2 lock on the original A-S flip-lock and got the adjustment right, I found it to be arguably better than any of the alternatives. Mine now works fine (i.e., securely) both with a small A-S mount (as on the Rm3di) and with various "A-S compatible" plates. I'm...
  7. D

Tech Camera Focus Fine Tuning

Longer Arca R lenses -- at least my 70mm and 120mm -- are marked on the back of the lens board with a sticker: "~ = 2Km". I take this to mean that they have been calibrated for infinity (extension = 0) at 2km. No marking appears on my 43mm lens. Dave.
  8. D

Tech Camera Focus Fine Tuning

Wayne -- That sounds logical, but what if the infinity stop isn't set correctly, so the lens, when hard against the stop, either back- or front-focuses. Or maybe it's a very hot or cold day, so the lens has expanded or contracted. It seems that a better reference might be a fixed and...
  9. D

Ordered a Hy6 and Leaf Aptus II 12 today!

Graham -- Congratulations on your coming arrival. I'm sure you'll be happy and productive with it. As to the Novoflex Q-base device, I learned today that my substitute Arca-Swiss plates (#802232) are actually in-country. I'll post something about them when they arrive. Baudolino -- Thanks...
  10. D

Ordered a Hy6 and Leaf Aptus II 12 today!

When my AFi camera firmware was upgraded to 3.10A3 by DHW, they also "upgraded" firmware in two AFD lenses from 1.14A to 1.13B: AFD 2.880 and AFD 2.8/50. 1.91 Firmware in my AFD 2.8/180 was said to be up to date. Both lens and camera upgrades required both hardware and software changes, so...
  11. D

Tech cameras and IQ.

Speaking of GQ, I posted the following on Lulu earlier today -- The Arca R focus helix is approximately 110mm in diameter, has 172 tick marks (numbered every 5 ticks, from 0 to 34), and moves the lens in or out 2.5mm per revolution -- i.e., 2500/360 = 6.94 microns/degree, or 2500/172 = 14.53...
  12. D

Leaf vs Phase

I concur with David K. In addition, in my AFI camera, the orientation is shown in the viewfinder as well. Dave.
  13. D

Rm3d

David -- So Arca have already done the calibration for each individual lens -- very nice. Took a bit to sink in. Thanks, Dave.
  14. D

Rm3d

Chris -- Please elaborate on the focusing mechanism and lens calibration you mention in your report. Thanks, Dave. "... The focus ring on the R makes nearly 5 full rotations, that’s about 1720° of focus adjustment from infinity to closeup… much, much more adjustment than the other style or...
  15. D

HOW DO YOU FOCUS WITH YOUR ALPA

The Arca-Swiss RM/L3D uses a single multi-turn, .01mm resolution, camera-mounted helix rather than using a separate helix for each lens. It would therefore seem possible and practical, given time, patience, and an independent source of distance measurements, to calibrate any lens and then to...
  16. D

Wooden tripods

I have two Berlebach tripods, both with leveling bases, no center column. The small one goes right to the ground with its legs splayed and is great for close-up field or table-top work. The other is a 3032. I use a Novoflex Q=base quick-release adapter, which holds and locks an L-bracket on a...
  17. D

Cube and L Bracket aren't level

By the way, Acratech sells a very useful level that can be used both to calibrate (and correct) the Cube's levels and to pre-set for anything else. I've carried one in my pocket for several years. Dave. http://acratech.net/product.php?productid=15&cat=4&page=1