The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

LF Lenses and the yellow centre

Ok, so after many trials, if someone visits here from the future, it was an internal lens flare.....on the digital camera / scanning macro lens. Not sure how but it happens from just a flat light source, but it was showing up like every nth time, never consistently. Haven't found a way to fix...
  2. O

Using a film back with a technical camera

I've had to what I think were dud backs because it would always happen on some units, I've read it's to do with a component but I can't recall exaclty. If it's happening inconsitently though, like you actually can get 8 frames on this unit, then try use the advance mechamism slowly. I find it...
  3. O

Yes, I'd say it's hardly a manufacturing defect. I've a number of analog systems, 35mm, 645, 6x7 (lol too many) however I haven't seen this gradation, yellowish tint appear on other systems. Only seen it on this LF lens. Internal reflection might be it, but I didn't shoot on an overcast day...
  4. O

I've been up and running now with a MF setup (using large format lenses). I've noticed though that there is a slight yellow discolouration to some shots now using the below lens. Upon examining the lens, it appears that the central area may contain a multicoat or similar element (located inside...
  5. O

6x7 Film Holder with Arca Swiss 6x9

Thanks, I've never seen reference to N or Non N type standard on full film holders before on eBay. I'll ask sellers before making any purchase, but I believe anything before 2007 should be pretty safe being non N It's been super helpful, thanks everyone!
  6. O

Thanks everyone. Although I'm a bit confused for one detail o_O Thanks Rod! You mentioned to get the N version of the adapter. I believe the Arca Swiss 6x9 I'll be purchasing is the Non N version (ie the groundless without N printed on it). With this in mind, would it still be correct to...
  7. O

I prefer 6x7 ratio, so am aiming for that. :) Thanks, I'll scour some old threads but it seems in the 2000s people were using this setup quite well...old horseman 6x7s on the ARCA swiss 6x9. just have to confirm that adapter is the right one as you say!
  8. O

Thank you. Yes now you've pointed it out, I found a few now on eBay, 6x7 universal ones that look like a much better fit for the 6x9. I don't know why even in 2023 half the Arca shop is still not in English. It shouldn't be hard :) BH has better description on their site I'm 95% sure it's...
  9. O

I was just reasearching ways to shoot 120 film on the Arca Swiss 6x9. From what I understand, one would need to buy an Arca Swiss 6x9 accessory to get this to work...
  10. O

Building an analogue to digital technical camera

Hi everyone, I'm interested in transitioning to a technical camera, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options and my budget doesn't allow me to invest in a Phase One digital back right away or perhaps even the Hassleblad digital back. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on...
  11. O

A big 'thumb up' for the Arca-Swiss' R&D team

Thank you both! I might start a new thread though as I feel like this is hijacking the OPs. Still had a few Q's
  12. O

Thanks Rob. Makes sense. One thing i was looking to eliminste, I was thinking of the hassy cfv ii 50 digital back rather than a gfx body as I'd assume that would allow for more movement straight off the bat. I see that cambo had an hour long webinar on this setup with hassy on YouTube 2 yes...
  13. O

Woah, just saw this thread now. What timing as I was interested in ordering the universalis but only have existing RZ lenses. No large format lenses. Rob in another thread mentioned the lenses wasn't obviously designed for this setup... How much shift are you getting with the RZ lens and the...
  14. O

Mamiya N 65mm f/4 L -- a really nice lens

Ah yeah of course, but I guess the image circle would be the same size? I was interested in the shift abilities you've documented. Good to know though. Many thanks for documenting this, it's hard to research this sort of custom build!
  15. O

Mamiya N 65mm f/4 L -- a really nice lens

That's awesome Rob! I'm a little new to all this really.... I currently own a RZ67II and have a few lenses for it. But was still interested in using those lenses with a modern mirrorless digital back rather than buying more lenses. Would this work with the lens board you've documented with the...
  16. O

Shooting Architecture, Film & Digital, with One System

Makes sense. Now the biggest newb question.... How did you know which analogue lenses would work well with such an undocumented custom setup? Obvioulsy the focusing to infinity/flange + shift movement for the diameter of the rear lens element are biggest factors, but then also being able to...
  17. O

Shooting Architecture, Film & Digital, with One System

So in-conclusion, the solutions would be either Actus-G or the Arca Swiss M-Two? I'm also looking to accomplish this (having a modular system of film + dlsr/gfx). OP - did you persue this setup further?