The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Adobe, "All your images are ours."

It has been this way for eons... artists scrambling for pigment/minerals workable to paint... Adobe's always been data-bound(cf. the PSD variant of the Open TIFF[Sam Leffler] format) since "Post-Script". Ellison's "Oracle", and "Quark" are simlar: "Sure, you MAY store your (raw, not RAW) data...
  2. D

The GRD2 — An Appreciation

While this thread has drifted, it's been interesting... especially for Mitch's new perspective on the GRD2; that is, it's still the photog, not the gear. An ardent promoter of the GRD through his works, I still feel he can get the shot from the "First Version" gear, regardless the "New Love"...
  3. D

Making the transition - a Leica M8 user meets the GRD2

Hi Walt, Thanks for the earlier and more lengthy "pensee" on working with the Ricoh. While certainly able to speak/write for himself, Sean's use of Small Sensor Cameras(SSC) is not all that different than your use of Tri-X and "the M8": it's a way to distinguish the sources of images and...
  4. D

Ricoh GR II

Hiyas all around the globe, As a long/old-timer with RF+VF this Ricoh kit seems interesting, but I wonder if the DNG file is 8 or 16 bits wide/deep. Seeing the GRD as a replacement for the T4/XA, and new to digital cams(with an old 2MP CoolPix 950 and 8bit RAW), I'm a data type... what's this...