The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

2020 Tacoma Pro Headlight

I'm still waiting on the wiring harness to come to install these beautiful new Toyota LED lights from the 2020 Pro onto my '18 so I made a portrait with the 50mm TS-E lens. Not too difficult but still complicated as it took about a dozen focus slices overall, then a black reflector for a second...
  2. P

Recent L.A. Pan

A rare day in L.A. a couple of weeks ago. Went up to Kenny Hahn, about a mile from the studio after a hellish week, just to get outside and not talk to anyone. Three shots, left, right and center. Stayed for about 2-1/2 hours till the light got right. Made a little 36"x90" test print just to see...
  3. P

More with the Canon 135 t/s-e

A couple quick shots, well maybe not so quick, documenting this Telecaster copy I've had for the last quarter century. I sanded the name off the headstock because it was in Comic Sans or some other closely related insipid type face and rounded off the excessively sharp corners of said headstock...
  4. P

100mp with 135 tilt-shift

Finally got to do a little product shot of a cool old Martin guitar in the studio yesterday.This new lens is remarkable. The only flaw is a slightly too coarse focusing helcoid but that's made up somewhat by having a very well damped gearing. I wanted to document this guitar I bought a few...
  5. P

A few with that crappy 5DSR

Such a POS...
  6. P

Two Canon tilt-shift images

Two recent images shot just for the fun of it. The Petersen with the 17 t/s and the DeWalt with the 24 t/s. Petersen is made up of about twenty-five images, mostly the car blurs. Five millimeter rise on the lens. The DeWalt is 59 slices of focus and about thirty hours of post. 5DSr.
  7. P

Famous Recording Studio

Capitol A. One of the most iconic rooms in recording history. Analog (yes, tubes) Neve 88SR board. Sinatra's favorite Neumann U47 in front of the piano. Straight on shot a three shot stitch with the 24 t/s. Three quarter shot with the 17mm. 5D3. Exposure ranges from 15 sec. to 1/30th pre-blended...
  8. P

Canon Repair experience

To make a long story perhaps longer, Canon has made my Christmas come a little early this year. I took my 35L to Irvine for a repair that may have involved replacing the front element due to a void in the coating from a drop of pool water on the lens. When the lens came back three days later...
  9. P

Audi LeMans Turbo 4x5 Focus Stack

I originally shot this for my client, Honeywell Turbo Technologies, on digital, but like the image so much I went out and bought a box of 4X5 T-Max100. I shot 20 sheets - two sheets each ten focus points, all at f/22-1/2, in order to get enough overlap. All ten images were drum scanned at 2667...
  10. P

Nikkor 28mm f/2 AIS for sale

Selling this very clean Nikon lens. Great performer. Outstanding close-up performance. A nice copy of this popular lens. I've had this for about four years but have added fast Canon AF lenses, so this isn't needed anymore. $350 via PayPal with confirmed address. Shipping Fedex Ground insured $15...
  11. P

Focus Stacking in CS5

I was shooting the new turbos for the Audi LeMans race car for Honeywell last Friday. A perfect opportunity to see if CS5's focus stacking is any better than CS4. This image is eighteen slices with a Canon 90mm T/S on a 1DsMKIII, and the answer, is no, it's no better at all. There is still a...
  12. P

Canon 24mm f/3.5 Tilt-Shift For Sale

Selling my very clean Canon 24mm Tilt-Shift. I now have the version two and don't need two of these sitting around. This lens is very nice. If there were good and bad copies of this, this would be a very good copy. Price $900.00 and includes front and rear Canon caps, soft pouch, lens shade...