The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 for £95 on eBay

I'm only guessing here, but the 14mm has been sold very cheap with GF3's. In December/January you paid less for the GF3 w/14mm and old 14-42mm, than the 14mm separately, and I see they are still selling the GF3 with just the 14mm for less than the 14mm separately.
  2. I

GF1 to GX1

Just bought the GX1 and so far enjoy it a lot. Having previously owned the GF1 I got an X100 last June because of the larger sensor and viewfinder. However, keeping the X100 for now, I'm back at M43. It's handling is - as far as I remember - better on the GX1. At least when shooting with one...
  3. I

Lumix 14mm on EPL1

It works great on the GF1 and GF3, too. Fast and dead silent. I have never tried it on an Olympus body. Didn't the same thing go for the 20mm, too? It was sort of noisy on GF1, but worse on Olympus bodies? Not that it affected the image quality.
  4. I

14mm f2.5 soon!

I would very much like this lens, but wish it was a f2.0. I have the 20mm and the 14-45mm, but would prefer a pancake wideangle over the 14-45mm. I prefer not to put zooms on my GF1 as it is my P&S. Haven't seen the 14-42mm anywhere, though - only the 14-45mm is available here, or maybe it's...
  5. I

GF1 and focus noise with 20mm

Thanks for the link. I think my noise is made from the lenses moving when focusing. Luckily the aperture clicks are not there (so much) on the GF1, but this may have something to do with Live View on the Oly. Anyway, everything looks to be in order. I also found another thread on DPreview where...
  6. I

Thanks for your quick reply! I understand it is the lens that causes the noise, not the camera when this particular lens is mounted. That is good news! Actually I thought the focus motor was in the camera, so I hadn't investigated that part. It may be a keeper after all! :-)
  7. I

Hi, Found this forum while doing some research for GF1. Got mine along with the 20mm f1.7 this week and have not had much time to try it out, but the first thing I noticed was the sound of the focus motor. It feels like a friction sound. When I tried it with a 14-45mm in the store, I didn't...