The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Praise for the amazing Alpa FPS?!

Great way to derail a thread. Congratulations! :banghead: The OP says if you actually read it: "I'd honestly suggest anyone into Alpa here try one out" And so we get posters saying "cost" and that they "love their Arca and have no intention of switching" (since when were Arca's cheap?) Then...
  2. S

IQ180 loose on Alpa?

They sent me the Phase quote about Alpa, and ignored the fact that it is their own plate that is loose, as well.
  3. S

IQ180 loose on Alpa?

I repeat that my IQ180 is loose on its own protective plate. This has nothing to do with Alpa, Arca, DF bodies or whatever. It is Phase back on Phase plate, and a poor fit. They obviously changed something in the IQ mount, but are reluctant to admit to it.
  4. S

Phase change the IQ package after you buy?

I got word that Phase have changed the Value added package from what was promised. It appears you now will only get a very basic 'Classic' configuration, plus the longer warranty. Did anyone ever get the full Value Added Kit, as listed below? I certainly didn't, not even close to it, despite...
  5. S

IQ180 loose on Alpa?

Thanks all, especial Paul S, and Siebel, for the useful information. I'll repeat my OP, above, and say that my IQ rattles alarmingly even on its own protective cover plate. That is Phase on Phase. So its pretty clear where the issue lays. Surely a cover plate that locks down well for safe...
  6. S

IQ180 loose on Alpa?

My IQ180 is loose on my Alpa and on its own protective plate. Both rattle, with a fair bit of play. I read someone else having a similar issue, and wondered what the fix was - on Phase's part, or on Alpa's? I can't find that thread now. My previous Phase back was fine. Thanks.
  7. S

An ongoing, real-world S2 gallery

oh and: where are you people getting your upgrade DF bodies from?! I've had mine on order since it was announced, but not a peep from my dealer (major USA) despite me making a total nuisance of myself! The feeling I have is that Phase is prioritizing new system buyers over upgrade customers.
  8. S

An ongoing, real-world S2 gallery

First time on this forum! thanks for useful posts. I presume you mean the 70mm Summarit? (not 80mm) can you explain further why you are 'not wowed' by it? This lens is after all the 'standard' and was a motivation to buy into the system... My order is in because I am interested in using this...