The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Nikon Df

Have you tried telescopes? A proper reflector should give you lower exposure time with D800, or lower ISO or both. Some thing like this Celestron - Telescopes - Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph with CGEM DX
  2. A

Emerging life

After a brief shower in Delhi. Ambient 36 degrees centigrade. Nikon D3300, Kit lense 18-55 at 55mm, F5.6, 1/640
  3. A

Focusingscreen.com Df screen experience

I have found that at least with faster lenses, the focusing screen supplied in my D3300 is quite sharp and accurate. I have high power and with my current glasses and full diopter correction, I see slightly off the perfect focus. When I get perfect focus visually, I am a bit off, that is when I...
  4. A

Nikon D3300

This camera supports non cpu lenses in fully manual mode thus Aperture, speed, and flash settings are all manual as in my old Russian cameras.
  5. A

Nikon introduces a new raw processor

Nikon rumours confirmed that it is silky pix software.
  6. A

Fun with Nikon Images

Jack fruit just started Morning mist D3300, 18-55 VR-II
  7. A

Fun with Nikon Images

50mm F1.8 AF shot at 1/2500, F2.5
  8. A

Nikon introduces a new raw processor

Down loaded the beta version. Seems to be working fine for me. All my posts of Nikon D3300 shots are done with this.
  9. A

Nikon D3300

Here are some flower shots with 50mm F1.8 AF with the 18-55mm at 18mm
  10. A

Nikon D3300

Now some of the camera lense combinations Shadow recovery Metered for sky Just exposure compensation in post. In future I would use curves to boost shadows and leave rest as it was Camera - Lens resolution Original shot at 18mm Details of the top right bill board I am posting shots of...
  11. A

Nikon D3300

This Tuesday I got D3300 with the kit lense. The box Package contents Here is the new VR-II 18-55 lense Retracted Extended I have found the 18mm end to be good, but the 55mm end soft
  12. A

is there a way to use the Zeiss contax PC Distagon on a D800 ?

You can always use the lense in fully manual mode - focus, aperture and exposure. In fact a lot of PC lenses work in that mode only. Here are some efforts Zeiss Contax PC-Distagon 35/2.8 Zeiss Contax lens for Nikon cameras
  13. A

African lens help !! Please share your experience :)

I would not invest in MF lenses just for the Safari, especially at the prices you are referring to. In a Safari you need 1. normal-wide for general scenery and animals up close. Your S2 will be great in such situations. 2. Long telephoto. Here cropped sensors are a big help. Get a Nikon D3200...
  14. A

Help! Looking for "old/small/fast" manual 35mm prime for my D800

Or you can get a 35mm F1.4 new NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4 from Nikon Check the performance of the AF version at DXO DxOMark - Compare lenses The f1.4 is a better lens compared to the f2
  15. A

Which 50 for D800e, Zeiss or Nikon

Even I agree. At least you get a well made lens with very little plastics.LuLa has a good review on it. It is most useful wide open & close distances. It is not that great for landscapes. Nikons Jewel
  16. A

Street Food - Old Delhi on last Friday before Eid

Journey Part-IV So the walk ended back at the Karim's for Biryani and Sheek Kebabs So after three hours in 36+ sweltering heat we started back extremely satisfied and filled to bursting on kebabs and other goodies.
  17. A

Journey Part-III After fiery kebabs, some Lassi to cool you down decent prices Cold drinks for the masses. Red rose based concentrate with ice slab for cooling it Some vegetarian fare. Boiled moong Dal served with lime and other spices Seeds, seeds and only seed. Bough some melon seeds...
  18. A

Journey Part -II So the walk continues. Buns Fried Chicken Bakery Beetle Nut (Supari) seller. Stock of all types from all over India Our destination The shop, a 10' x 10' affair What we got after 10 minutes wait A close up. The kebabs are from coarse mince, tied with a string...
  19. A

Though we go often for excellent Food at Karim's in Jamma Masjid area, this time we decided to heed to my elder son's advise and explore the area. Our destination was excellent Beef Kebabs some kilometer and a half from Karim's. Our Journey starts at 2200 hrs from Karim's, for a quick look...
  20. A

Wholesale Vegetable Market

First of all let me state that I have presented the Images more from Street Photography view, than as a comment on the System.:D As you said the story is more complex, but for most of the vegetable growers and consumers, the Whole Sale Market is a way it is. There is a lot of mark up in the...