The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

APS-C e-mount A7/A7R lenses test

does anyone have photos of the sony 50 1.8 ($250) on the A7? How much crop and resolution do you lose? would it be a quality and cheap portrait lens 75mm equivalent on the a7?
  2. A

Sigma DP3M

Your photos finally convinced me. And--yesterday I tried close up flowers with the DP2M and was not very happy . So, I sent $585 to Japan and my DP3M is on the way.
  3. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Santa Monica Beach more first walkaround with DP2 at antara.smugmug.com in Photography galleries
  4. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Jim DE: Perhaps the "grain" is real in the b&w shots due to higher iso, or just noise added for artistic effect.
  5. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

A view of LA from Playa Del Rey at Balona Creek, a sacred indian burial ground, saved from Dreamsworks trying to build on this land.
  6. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Another crop from Marina Del Rey,CA
  7. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Radically cropped first post with my new DP2M. When there is no telephoto the camera works well anyway. I spent the morning at the Marina and Venice canals in LA just after the rain. Birds were out on this beautifully clear day.
  8. A

DP2 Merrill with OLy FL-300r flash?

update: I updated to firmware 1.03 and that helped the wb problem.
  9. A

I tried it, but can't control flash in camera, and flash has few controls itself. Then afterward I tried without the flash and can't get a good white balance (showing in LCD) in artificial light. Its too yellow or orange, regardless of wb choice. Is this normal for this camera?
  10. A

Anyone know if its safe, voltage wise? Just received my Merrill!!!! and am experimenting.
  11. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Sending back the EPl-5 and bought the last DP-2 M at Adorama for the discount! I'm excited. Hope the limitations aren't too discouraging. The beautiful photos on here with the sharpness, micro contrast and color tonality finally became too thrilling to resist. It seems I've always wanted to open...
  12. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Thanks, Peter. Altho some of your explanation is over my head, I think I get the gist of it. With the original image at 200% you see pixels, but after interpolating up to 20x 30 using bicubic in PS, this is no longer the case. Makes sense in terms of your explanation. Yes?
  13. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Still waiting to buy the Dp2M when I can use a site that allows my credit! I have a pixel peeping question, not a critique, just curious. With a decent sensor and lens, I can peep to 200% without radical pixelation(still pretty smooth). I notice this is not the case with the foveon sensor. The...
  14. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Here is a quote from the sigma forum at dpr. Dear fellow Sigma enthusiasts... After two days with the Sigma DP1M, here are my observations. I state them in comparison to the DP2M which I own as well: whereas the DP2M has a slight green cast (easliy corrected with +2M in SPP), the DP1M has a...
  15. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

If you pixel peep the referenced jpeg, its not just large expanses of color shift,like Carl's, or subtle blotches, like Uwe's. Strange, it doesn't look as bad as I remember. When checking it out in Photoshop it appears that the green channel needs a slight adjustment and then it smooths out. Is...
  16. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Uwe If you processed this image differently, would the blotches be avoided? wondering if its is the raw software???
  17. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Quentin, Carl, Uwe and others who have been working with the DP2M. Could you please address the purple/green issues mentioned in my post above. I am strongly attracted to buying this camera, but am concerned about the issues that showed up on the linked image. thanks, Antara
  18. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Posted in review thread, but meant to be here. Been following this thread daily and am enthralled with these images! I see why people fall in love. Question--How do you avoid or work with the purple/green in the water of this image(100% view)? Is this a result of the sensor, the raw software or...
  19. A

Another DP2M Review

Been following this thread daily and am enthralled with these images! I see why people fall in love. Question--How do you avoid or work with the purple/green in the water of this image(100% view)? Is this a result of the sensor, the raw software or NIk, that the photographer used...
  20. A

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Carl those delicate, sharp green leaves make me drool.;) Do you have a hoya r72 you can stick in front for ir? That could be so cool! Antara