The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

H3D39 as first step to MFDB/Technical (& vs DSLR)

Never mind, I just did a search to find they're are indeed different :-) Can't wait to get out in the field with the new kit!
  2. J

H3D39 as first step to MFDB/Technical (& vs DSLR)

This concerns me, do you have any idea if the p65+ shares the same colours as the P45+, Tim? I am due to purchase a P65+ with an Arca Swiss RM3Di and hope this back produces better greens. The D800 colours look fantastic to my eye, as does the resolution.
  3. J

Fun with Nikon Images

Nikon D3x and 24mm PC-E lens.
  4. J

FS: Arca-Swiss RM3di system

PM sent, Bob.
  5. J

Arca Rm3di

Might as well design a new camera from scratch, we clearly know better than the current crop of manufactures, when I say we, I mean you lot ofc ;-)
  6. J

Arca Rm3di

This discussion is very interesting, I looked to see if I could change the title to reflect the points being discussed but couldn't find a way. Jae & Torger's diagrams and points have left me wondering why Arca haven't implemented these ideas and maths into the E-Module which would make it a...
  7. J

Arca Rm3di

Some really interesting comparisons have been made here, one point regarding tilt and focusing at the hyperfocal distance... I'm not sure approximations with tilt using printed tables will provide optimal results, particularly with high resolution digital sensors. When I was using the D3x with...
  8. J

Arca Rm3di

Yat, Thanks for your view, I must say I am a little intimidated by the idea of using the ground glass to focus as I'm going to be using (most likely) a phase one P45+ back and assume the LCD on that back is not good enough to assess critical focus after the image is captured. Am I right in...
  9. J

Arca Rm3di

Wow! Thank you, Torger. This is the type of response I was looking for. I have made enquiries with a few dealers about both cameras with regards to pricing, lenses, etc and must admit, probably to your disappointment (:p) that I am swaying in the direction of the RM3Di. I am awaiting an email...
  10. J

Arca Rm3di

As I research into which camera system to purchase, some doors close while others open. It's clear that I need to do more reading... Which brings me to the RM3Di, are there any users on this forum? I would like to hear your views and experiences using this system. I like to get in close and...
  11. J

Sinar LanTec

I wasn't ware of the issue with regards to the mount, very strange. Here is a link to one of the UK dealers that is running the deal Sinar | DTEK Systems Uk Looks like a real bargain!
  12. J

WTB - Linhof Techno

After some serious consideration I have decided a Linhof Techno will best suit my needs as a landscape photographer, I really need the tilt and shift function. If you are thinking of parting with your Linhof Techno, please let me know. I'm based in the UK. John
  13. J

Sinar LanTec

Hi Peter, Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely not be going back down the digital slr route. After owning a D3x and full set of PC-E lenses for a few years has mad eme aware of the flaws... Soft corners, CA's, etc particularly with the 24mm PC-E which was my most used lens and even...
  14. J

Sinar LanTec

Hi folks, I have been chatting with a dealer in the UK about this camera.. They are offering this cam with the Rodenstock 28mm f4.5 HR Digaron for around £6,000. The lens is a little wider than what I am used to as my most used lens is 24mm but it sounds like a cracking deal. Does anyone...
  15. J

FS: Cambo WRS-4000 Anniversary Edition Technical Camera Kit

Congratulations Joe! This kit is going to make somebody very happy. I can't see a deal as good as this come along any time soon.
  16. J

Thanks Joe, I will give you a firm answer next Monday at the latest. If you feel the urge in the mean time, then no worries.
  17. J

Thanks Ken, I will be searching over the next couple of days to see what I can find. This set up does fit my search criteria. I thought my budget was a little too low, well it most likely is. I may well miss out on this cracking deal as I don't want to be pulling my hair out saving on my...
  18. J

This sale may have came a little too early as I have just starting researching and considering my options. I no longer wish to shoot landscapes with a DSLR as I am going off the 3:2 format. I am interested in this kit but with a budget of around £15-16k GBP I wonder what sort of digital back...
  19. J

A 34MP FX Sensor and Diffration Limit

I just bought another D3x last week, they are damn fine cameras. To cut a long story short, I sold my old D3x to purchase a P45+ but sold it since, hence the new D3x purchase, I honestly can't praise them enough. My ideal D4x changes would be the following 1) higher resolution screen (it's...
  20. J

WTB - Linhof Techno + Phase one back

I had no problems at all focusing with the 35mm Rodenstock using the better bright screen. I must say, the Nikon D3x was easier with tilt shift lenses tho ;)