The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

B&H has included the fp-L in their list of top 10 mirrorless cameras of 2021. Who you gunna believe? 🤔
  2. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

Matt, 👍 Agreed! John
  3. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

I wasn't referring to a review. I was referring to hands on with the software (Capture One being my primary image editor). For me, Sigma Photo Pro had a much better starting profile, and while I was able to get close with C1 and Affinity, I didn't match it (to my eyes). Then again, I am...
  4. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

Steve, I was unaware that DXO Photolab supported the fp-L. I'll have to give that a try for it's noise reduction capabilities. Also, this YouTube video may help to get started with Sigma Photo Pro; the interface isn't exactly intuitive. SPP Overview John
  5. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

Steve, I have also bought the fp-L, mostly based on its size and weight relative to resolution. Something that has surprised me is the difference in initial look of images processed in Capture 1 or Affinity vs Sigma Photo Pro. Sigma Photo Pro seems to get me 90% of the end product, vs the...
  6. S

Backpack help please

Brandon, Thanks very much. That is exactly the kind of hands-on reaction that I am hoping to get. John
  7. S

Backpack help please

I am considering an Atrack 45L, and I would like to see if there are any follow-up comments from those who decided to go with a Atrack 45L. I would use either Large Pro ICU or 2 Small Pro ICU's for a Fuji GFX100s with GF 30, 45–100, 100-200 or set-up of GF prime lenses. How do you like the...
  8. S

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Persistence GFX 50r w/ GF 50mm f/3.5
  9. S

GFX 50R SD Card

Based on the "GFX 50R Compatibility Chart" at Fuji web site, GFX 50r is not compatible with a SanDisk 128Gb card. John
  10. S

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Live Oak tree, Mt Pleasant SC GFX 50s w/ GF 45mm f/2.8
  11. S

Fuji GFX 50 with Pentax telephoto lens?

rdeloe and girth, Thank you for your helpful responses. I guess I will give it a try. John
  12. S

Fuji GFX 50 with Pentax telephoto lens?

I would like to add a 250-300mm lens to gfx 50s kit, and I want to explore adapted lenses before considering Fuji GF lenses. Has anyone had experience with Pentax 645 A* Green Star 300mm f/4 ED IF MF Lens on GFX? If so... pros? cons? adapter used? Thanks. John
  13. S

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

Anyone have experience using Peak Design strap anchors with GFX 50S metal strap clips. Does the metal clip rub or cut through the anchors? TIA John
  14. S

How Can We Help GetDPI Stay Alive

Count me in! John
  15. S

Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4G ED VR with Z cameras?

Pat, There are some photos and comments from Thorkil in the thread "Fun with Nikon Z". See posts #44, #54, #58. The images are impressive, imho. John
  16. S

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I have experienced it many times in past few days. John
  17. S

Nikon Z6 Photos and Discussions

I feel your pain. I did the same with my new Z. I found the following solution: Menu > Setup Menu > Slot Empty Release Lock... " If Release locked is selected, the shutter-release button is only enabled when a memory card is inserted in the camera." John
  18. S

Astrophotography - 101: How to get started.

Hi Dave, I would +1 Sashin's suggestion of checking out https://www.lonelyspeck.com/astrophotography-101/. The tutorials on the site range from basic to heavy duty. While they are primarily about FF digital, much of the info is sensor agnostic. It also contains info on software such as "Starry...
  19. S

Nikon mirrorless ?

Did “they dropped support for when moving to SLR cameras”, or continue to provide support (parts, repairs, etc) for a reasonable time period after the rangefinders were discontinued? All products have a life-cycle and will be discontinued eventually. What separates the responsible manufacturers...