The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Is this a single shifted image or 2 shifted images stitched together? Thanks
  2. S

It actually got it from someone on pentaxforum.com. As it is a more native conversion than the one you have (via an adapter) I'm hoping that it will be top-notch. Your solution gives VERY impressive results, however!
  3. S

I've recently bought a Pentax mount Mamiya 50mm Shift lens for my 645D. It was a bespoke conversion by Zoerk many years. My 645D is being serviced at the moment so I haven't had a chance to use it yet! :banghead:
  4. S

Pentax 645Z vs A7RII IQ and bang for the buck

Does it trump the Hasselblad 35-90mm? I'm torn between the two: the Hasselblad 35-90mm on my lowly H3D-22 or the Pentax 28-45mm on my Pentax 645D (and eventual 645Z)? The Hasselblad has more range (equivalent to 25-65mm) whilst the Pentax goes wider (equivalent to 22-35mm) and both are equally...
  5. S

is this IQ150/Credo 50 pricing for real?

Living on Guernsey in the Channel Islands means that I don't get levied with VAT. That definitely helps when considering such an expensive purchase. :thumbup:
  6. S

Travel concepts new compact camera prototype done

Keep us posted. I'd be interested in trying one. Have you considered this as a Kickstarter project?
  7. S

Alpa SWA and STC

I have the SK 24mm XL. I bought it unmounted and sent it to Alpa to have it mounted. The mounting is actually done by Schneider - or was, as they used the last special helical mount on my lens. This is something of a shame as I have another unmounted SK 24mm XL that I was hoping to have put on...
  8. S

Cleaning Phase One Sensor

On my Leaf Aptus 75 there looks to be a speck of dust UNDER the glass (it casts a black fuzzy blob on the images). I guess there's no way to remove this oneself, is there?
  9. S

Mamyia ZD

Is it the Double Buffer model (red "Mamiya ZD back" writing on the back)?
  10. S

Minmium commitment for MF digital?

To save money on lenses I bought a secondhand, unmounted SK 47mm XL lens and then sent it to Alpa (who actually send the lenses to Schneider) to get it mounted. It cost around £1,100 to get the lens mounted but it can work out at around half the cost of a new lens.
  11. S

Show us your Tech Cam

Wow, did you win the lottery?!
  12. S

Schneider Kreuznach 28 LS: poor corners perfomance or I'm too picky?

Jim @Sarnia - since you're using an Alpa, you have the option of mounting the lens in any of four orientations. So, if you're still having issues with corner performance, rotate the lens 180˚, reattach it, and shoot the same scene again, and see if the corner performance is identical or has...
  13. S

Thanks, Jim, I'll try that. I've tracked down a DOF table for the lens so I'll refer to that and run some tests. It's a crazily small lens (in Alpa mount) and will make a great travel combo. I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with its unique characteristics.
  14. S

Today I had a similar disappointment with my SK 24mm XL lens. On my Leaf Aptus 75 @ f8 set at infinity the corners were very smudgy. I thought the lens had really good DOF capabilities. More testing required!
  15. S

Aptus 22

Do you use a centre filter with your 24mm XL? I'm about to get mine back from Schneider Kruznach after having it mounted to the Alpa mount. I'm also wondering if the digital centre filter (by Nurizon) is any good. Thanks for your input.
  16. S

Entry-level DMF combo for landscapes

It is possible to get into medium format digital 'relatively' cheaply - if you are patient. My Leaf Aptus 75 cost me £3,000 (on eBay). I then picked up an un-mounted SK 47mm Apo-digitar for £500 (also on eBay) and had it converted to Alpa mount by Alpa for £1,100. So, for £1,600 I ended up with...
  17. S

Different adapter plate for Horseman SW-D Pro II

I've recently bought a Horseman SW-D Pro II which came with Phase One and Leaf Aptus adapter plates (in Mamiya mount) but as I use a Leaf Aptus 75 I don't need the Phase One plate so will probably sell it. Let me know if you're interested (and at what price). Thanks.
  18. S

Help Selecting an Alpa setup.

Has anybody ever used a decentered (in the up position) SK Apo-Digitar 47mm XL on an Alpa STC? I can't decide whether to buy a SK 24mm XL (equivalent to a 17mm lens in 135 format on my Leaf Aptus 75) or whether to stitch left & right with my 47mm XL on an STC. I'm also unsure of what...
  19. S

Leaf AptusII-12 damaged...advice?

Close; that was Greedo. :grin:
  20. S

Experiences with Leaf Aptus-II 10 on tech cam.

Of course; sorry about that. I have a Leaf Aptus 75 so it will be fine for me. Yes, do PM me if you decide to sell it.