The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

I keep forgetting to mention this. I have a Lowa 15mm and Mitakon Speedmaster 90mm both of which have the slots milled into the flanges for 6-bit coding.
  2. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

I will not lie, yesterday was brutal however today is much much better. It might be that I now have 8-lenses for my M11 with 4 of them Leica. Went down the rabbit hole this morning and ordered a new 75mm Summicron from the Leica store in SFO (they had one new in stock). It's funny when you...
  3. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

Buffalo seems like a lifetime ago! Not to be overly graphic, I went in the hospital mid Nov for a blockage and a couple days later they removed the colon in my right side (I kept my appendix). I remember the first time I turned on the right side and felt stuff move into the void! :). Was told...
  4. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11 Leica Elmarit 24mm (processed in C1)
  5. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11 Mitakon Speedmaster 90mm (processed in C1)
  6. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11 Mitakon Speedmaster 90mm (processed in C1)
  7. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

Just a quick testing of the 24mm Elmarit f/3.4 1/180 ISO 500 B&W conversion in C1
  8. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

I've replaced the 135 myself which was easy. I should have the Voigtlander flanges Monday and hope to have them done as well. The 28-50 has been shipped to NJ where they will do it. I'll keep you posted.... Don Forgot to add that I had picked up a tool kit that while advertised for computers...
  9. Don Libby

Is it worth to get a 28mm lens from a new brand?

I have a Voigtlander 28mm and am very pleased with it. This of course is from my very limited experience with it. My M11 lens herd (9 and counting) includes a mixture of Leica, Voigtlander, and a Mitakon. Back in 2010 when I got my first M9 I had Leica and 1 Mitakon. Truth be told I still have a...
  10. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

Been busy the past couple weeks with my Chemo treatments with little time for photos. I have been researching 6-bit coding and found a seller on e-bay that I now trust. Ordered a flange for the 135 that came properly coded for $39 plus shipping (Atlanta GA). Great communications and I found that...
  11. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

Like to see this in black & white....
  12. Don Libby

WTB: Contax 645 Complete Body

Not a complete one however KEH as what you might be looking for a la carte
  13. Don Libby

What am I doing wrong or missing?

I'm getting accurate readings now - so long as the paint doesn't get scratched off...
  14. Don Libby

What am I doing wrong or missing?

I've been using my newly coded lens for a couple of days. The one issue I've had is the coding on my 28-50 lens wore off and I've since redone it this time allowing the ink to thoroughly dry before mounting. Yes, I do have that spring and yes the coding shows which FL I used so win win.
  15. Don Libby

Coming back to Leica

Quick update. The encoder arrived late yesterday. Started using it this morning. Interesting that the Lowa 15mm and 90 Speedmaster both have been milled so no need for the encoder. I coded the 28-35-50 and it works just as well ( I also found the tiny spring). The info changes with each change...
  16. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

It's a Nokton and I believe it's good.
  17. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11, 90mm f1.5 Speedmaster, f/2 1/1000 ISO 64
  18. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11, 90mm f1.5 Speedmaster, f/10 1/1000 ISO 4000
  19. Don Libby

The Leica Picture Thread

M11, Voigtlander 75mm f/4 1/1000 ISO 5000