The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Ferrania kickstarter

Exactly my point in posting - thanks! Texsport
  2. T

Are you still shooting 35mm film?

From the CineStill website- CineStill 800T - Inhanced halation highlights http://41.media.tumblr.com/90a3cff67f51c1c3bfd03c2f3df0aabc/tumblr_nhdbjyo4Fc1tzwdq1o7_1280.jpg CineStill 50D - super fine grain http://thebrotherswright.tumblr.com/image/102405468438 Texsport
  3. T

Ferrania kickstarter

I prefer to make pictures instead of digitally manipulating a taken image. The article clearly disproves the myth that digital cameras automatically capture superior images. I use digital, but only for convenience. Texsport
  4. T

Ferrania kickstarter

Quite informative - even legacy 35mm film lenses can out resolve any digital sensor. https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2014/12/36-megapixels-vs-6x7-velvia/ I'd be interested in a comparison of digital vs CineStill 50 fine grain Daylight film. Texsport
  5. T

Ferrania kickstarter

I supported this and am waiting for my 35 and 120 film shipments. Texsport
  6. T

Having a blast discovering the beauty of CineStill 50, super fine grained daylight and CineStill 800T indoor/night time films Widelux and Xpan + natural light portraits are spectacular! Anxiously awaiting new Ferrania film releases. Texsport
  7. T

Medium format for landscapes

Unfortunately, cannot be purchased for the $750-1,000 budget described. Texsport
  8. T

Lots of reasons to shoot 35mm film, besides liking the cameras. The lenses listed are all also used on m43 for double the effective focal length. The Zoomar 1000/8 is also used on Rittreck 66. Panoramic XPan, Widelux FD Lenses Canon T90 + Canon FD lenses Action & Sequence Photos Nikon F5...
  9. T

Medium format for landscapes

The Fujica 690 cameras with 65mm lens offer a 6x9 negative. The Fujinon lens is very sharp. With some effort, you can buy this combo at a reasonable price. The 50mm Fujinon lens is wider, but very, very scarce + >$2,000 generally. I find the 65mm better for long views of landscapes, because...
  10. T

Fuji GSW690

Positives for the Fuji cameras: (1) 6x9 (2) Older, interchangeable lens models offer 90, 65, and 50mm lenses wider than a 50mm 35mm camera equivalent. 150 and 180mm also available. (3) There is a magnifying eye piece available for these cameras, to aid focusing. As far as the...
  11. T

FS: Soft shutter release buttons

Do they fit all cameras or do you have different sizes? :toocool:
  12. T

one step closer to buying into ultra wide on 4/3

Legacy OM users know that wide angle OMZ lenses shot wide open om 43 or m43 sufferes from ghosting and generally unsatisfactory results. These lenses must be stopped down for satisfactory images. Texsport
  13. T

Louisiana Bayou?

First I'd say go to the French Quarter on a Saturday. Lots of great opportunities. Artists, performance artists, and the river---paddle boats, bridges, etc. For trees in N.O. try the Garden District and the St. Charles streetcar, which takes you past great old homes and to Audubon Park, Tulane...
  14. T

OMG!

This board is a little behind on the rumors. The latest bet is that the OM-D sensor is brand new technology, a back-lit sensor from Aptina. If correct, it would be revolutionary. Texsport
  15. T

My New Print Wall

I'm gonna put one together too. Thanks. Texsport
  16. T

My New Print Wall

How are the panels attached to the walls? I don't see any screw holes. Brilliant idea BTW! Texsport
  17. T

Looking for advice, please.

The Nikon 135DC f2 is a wonderful lens, at least on film. My only foray into digital has been the Canon S90, which I enjoyed until the dreaded "lens error" message popped up indicating that my $400 camera was done without a $200 repair. That was 6 months after I bought it. I learned from the...
  18. T

I'm in love!

I use my F5 for portraits, sports, and bird watching.....all my AF lenses. I use an F4 for the MF lenses. The F5 is built like a tank, and I really like the feel of a substantial camera. Texsport
  19. T

Another Scanner Advice Plea

Thanks so much. Texsport
  20. T

Another Scanner Advice Plea

Thanks for the info. So you use the Epson 750 for 35 mm also I take it? Texsport