The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. U

A7rII less than ideal for long exposures?

Guys, I just read this at SAR: "the main issue is the long exposure color noise in the shadows which starts to appear at shutter speeds greater than 1 second, really become a problem beyond 10 seconds, and is like an unwelcome dose of LSD beyond 30 seconds." Link: sonyalpharumors This is...
  2. U

Best SW for sharpening less than ideal lens?

Hello guys, I bought a Sony E 55-210 OSS zoom lens for its low price and small size. However, I am very disappointed at the results despite I was aware of its "almost" mediocre IQ. Just perhaps I particularly got a bad copy. Since I've been planning to purchase a sharpening software for a while...
  3. U

Pentax 645Z now synchroed

PRIOLITE PENTAX HSS SOLUTION ‹ Priolite USA Just found it via Petapixel. MF wars getting more interesting by the day. Eduardo
  4. U

Exhibition paper for 7880 with least gloss diferential?

Hello guys. I'm about to go back on serious printing after a 3 year hiatus with my now old but beloved Epson 7880. For my last exhibit I ended up printing finals on Harman FbAl. I decided on this paper over the rest including Ilford Fibre Gold because it gave the least gloss diferential. But not...
  5. U

Clyde Butcher goes Sony

Amazing fine-art photographer Clyde Butcher chooses Sony A7r to lighten his gear up at age 72. Here is the link I just read at DPR. Most interesting I think. Eduardo Clyde Butcher moves to digital (A7R) for some work: Sony Alpha/NEX E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
  6. U

Have all Canon fans moved to Fred Miranda?

It's being more than two days since the official annoucement of the said "most waited" 7DMkII and no one has posted about it. Not yet anyway. Just saying Eduardo
  7. U

Viltrox adapter not cropping

I just watched this video and it shows the Viltrox adapter. It certainly works on the A7's. It' not cropping to aps. I read somewhere this adapter cropped to aps. Did you know this? Fake video? Best Eduardo Sony a7 auto focus with the Canon 17-40L lens - YouTube
  8. U

5300 dpi Plustek 120 Scanner in November

Plustek in the shelves in November for $2k usd. Now, this is good news! Eduardo A Look at the Image Quality of Plustek’s $2,000 OpticFilm 120 Film Scanner
  9. U

Photographers splitting their brains

All over the place, I read about photographers splitting their brains in half trying to figure it out if spending years of savings to buy a MFDB is worth it. The dilemma is if spending that kind of the money is, not if the IQ is superior to digital 35. I believe that no digital 35 will ever...
  10. U

Digital photography came the other way around

Photography was more fun 30 years ago. The pursuit of quality had many different alternatives and each one had a different result. When digital photography was in its beginnings I was very excited about all the different possibilities. Instead manufacturers decided to grab one film camera in...
  11. U

I've been published an article at TOP

Guys, I am happy to share with you, that I've been published at the prestigious photo blog The Online Photographer. "Up with Squares! More on Square Sensor Cameras" is an article in which I propose the use of square sensors for convenience and speed. Looking forward for your comments. Best...
  12. U

Great news for 120 film lovers

Plustek to release an "affordable" 120 scanner at CES. Eduardo http://www.geardiary.com/2012/01/04/plustek-to-unveil-new-line-of-scanners-at-ces/
  13. U

Blood, blood, I want blood!

Some discussion at Lulas, was not? Eduardo
  14. U

Fraudulent manuevers by eBay vendor. Beware!

Back in September 2009, I asked for help to locate a used Epson 7600 mainboard. Somebody kindly pointed me to an auction on eBay. Since I never bidded on eBay, I was nervous to do it. I won the auction and paid for the item via paypal. The mainboard arrived but it was the wrong kind. I got in...
  15. U

Zensorial

Guys: I'm opening a show tomorrow evening. I used a Canon 5DMkII with a 70-200 f2.8IS and a EF17-40 (mainly). In order to achieve long exposures I used a Kodak gel ND for +10 stops exps. It will run from tomorrow for one month at Merida's finest galley. I wish to share with you. Thanks for...
  16. U

New 39mp CFV back

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/digital-backs/cfv-39.aspx
  17. U

Canon medium format

It is possible to use the new TS lenses with their huge image circles with a hypotethical rangefinder medium format camera. See this image right from CanonUsa. I just added a 33X44 frame in blue and a 36X48 in green. Just idle tonight. Eduardo
  18. U

P25, 1Ds3, 5D2 Comparison

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29821 At least on the web samples look pretty close to each other. To my eyes the P25 is best but for an amount close to nothing. What are your comments. What flaws do you see in this comparison Thanks Eduardo
  19. U

FAT 32?

I'm in the middle of migrating to Mac. I'm about to reformat my external storage, a WD MyBook 2 TB-Raid1. I was planning on reformatting to HFS+ but a friend told me he was told by a Mac vendor to format his external disc to Fat 32 in order to keep compatbility among operating systems like Mac...
  20. U

What a place!

Hi all! - This forum is the most fun with ...you know!:D I'm a pro living in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. As usual as most of my fellow patriots, I like to meet people from around the world, especially visual artists. So, if you ever make it to the Yucatan , let me know you're here. Loved film...