The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa fps and dark frame

Phase V

Is there an automatic dark frame on the fps with an P1 back? (As an XF would do it)
And is this thing still in production, seems out of order anywhere, even at the Alpa site.

dchew

I’ve never used the fps, but I’m pretty sure the workflow is like using a copal shutter. With ES off, the back will take a dark frame automatically when necessary, unless you’ve disabled it. The fps shutter will of course be closed at that time.
Dave

Phase V

You mean the article about Peter Andrew Lusztyk? Yes and no because i already saw his video on youtube some
weeks ago. I am on the more or less, same setup right now exept i only have an IQ3 100 and a Mitutoyo lens
but there are some problems if you only have the ES to work with.

Paul Spinnler

Hi there!

The camera is in stock – I checked – and they updated the website accordingly.

In the latest firmware update they implemented exposure lock during dark frame exposure.

I suggest you reach out to them if you have questions.

There is no higher end setup for Macro than Rodie 105 + FPS + Flash sync at 1/125 in the studio.

This setup also allows you to stitch within the 105's IC ... but that's really hardcore, I'd say + to do sequenced DoF shots.

I think PAL's photography is really nice and there's something to printing out large a huge gummi bear and hanging it in your Malibu beach home, I suppose!

Or donut!

Last edited: