The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best Normal Prime, Nikon D850 2023.

Fredrick

Hi,

I'm looking for some sample landscape raw files captured with the Nikon D850 and the Sigma Art 50mm/85mm (or any comparable lenses)

I used to have a 35mm Art and 135mm Art - great lenses, but covid and financial difficulties forced me to sell them. I am currently using the Nikon 50mm f/1.4. It doesn't have the sharpness I want.

jduncan

Hi,

I'm looking for some sample landscape raw files captured with the Nikon D850 and the Sigma Art 50mm/85mm (or any comparable lenses)

I used to have a 35mm Art and 135mm Art - great lenses, but covid and financial difficulties forced me to sell them. I am currently using the Nikon 50mm f/1.4. It doesn't have the sharpness I want.
If you don't need fast reliable AF the 50mm ART will give you all the sharpness you need, but I don't like the rendering.
A good alternative is the Tamron 85mm f1.8 if you can get one used. It's not as fast but it's very fast and the rendering is more pleasing.

As I say the AF performance of the Sigmas is not the best, but it's good enough for portraits and in mirrorless, they do fantastic via adapter.

Best regards,

Last edited: