The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cleaning clogged printer nozzles

anyone

Hi there,

following up on help I offered for cleaning clogged printer nozzles, I'd thought to open a new thread for it. A while ago, I was facing severe problems with my SC-P 600. I almost gave up, but then eventually succeeded.

Now since I'm not the master technician, I mainly followed youtube videos and I found this particularly helpful, even it looks a bit dodgy:
Basically what helped for me was to clean the ink pads, clean the print head, run the cleaning process many times.

If I wouldn't have succeeded, I would have went with this one next:

Try at your own risk!

Maybe there are some other insights how to get the printers going again.

Reminder: all these cleaning processes are a pain in the neck. I was able to avoid them afterwards by printing a sheet every two weeks. A nice side effect of this procedure is to see a lot more of your works on paper rather than on screen.

Last edited:

cunim

That disassembly is scary, and there are alignment issues I would hate to deal with. I just did the heavy cleaning process with my clogged P800. Filled the carts with special cleaner and ran many cleaning cycles with that. Soaked the head against blotters wet with cleaner for days on end. My prostate seemed better afterwards, but nothing worked on the printer head and Epson wouldn't touch it. "That unit is no longer supported, sir". So, out went a perfectly good printer with a dirty head. I was unimpressed with Epson, as I recall.

anyone

I agree, the second video is the last resort before you give up the printer. It's really bad practice of a manufacturer to refuse a repair of a recent product. What they don't realize is that instead of buying a new printer from them - what they hope you to do - the customer walks away and never comes back.

bab

I had a great experience from an epson service provider for my P8000 for what I thought was a fair price 1000k they replace the head and all bad parts. A box of parts was shipped to my studio from Epson and the job took 4 hours (I don't think they made out) printer now works perfectly. Once the head is clogged you must replace it. Repetitive cleaning cycles is in my opinion is a waste of money and time.