The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Compact flash price trends

MartinN

Last time I checked, I bought a whole bunch of 2 GB cards for the ZD back, which was very picky with type and size.
And that was many years ago, but I remember those were cheap. What has happened since ?
For me, the current price on 32GB cards seems a bit expensive, in comparison to what I remember.
Old DB amateur needs different sizes and types …..

kdphotography

You actually have an old Mamiya ZD back? :D

I thought I had a stash of Sandisk Compact Flash 2GB cards somewhere. We used them at events for ferrying files to the onsite printer at corporate events. If I can locate them, they are yours for the asking. They should work fine in an old MFDB---I remember the old 645M and ZD (y)

MartinN

You actually have an old Mamiya ZD back? :D

I thought I had a stash of Sandisk Compact Flash 2GB cards somewhere. We used them at events for ferrying files to the onsite printer at corporate events. If I can locate them, they are yours for the asking. They should work fine in an old MFDB---I remember the old 645M and ZD (y)
Thank you, but I have Sandisk Extreme III, the most reliable for ZD.
But my question was about price trends, I suspect CF is going away,
and I am now trying to secure some DB friendly brand new 32GB,
so I am NOT going to buy 2 GB this time 😉

This time Aptus II compatible, and like I said brand new.

buildbot

Compact flash is basically not used at all anymore, they probably don’t make many if any - and not anywhere near the 2gb mark!

I use sandisk 16gb cards in my ZD DSLR, it does not like udma7 cards but udma6 seems fine.

MartinN

Zd backs show up pretty regularly on keh and ebay! ZD DSLRs are a bit harder to find.
For Mamiya AFD those ZDb are nice, but the biggest drawback is the lack of technical
camera sync with PC cable. No latency or triggering.

kdphotography

Thank you, but I have Sandisk Extreme III, the most reliable for ZD.
But my question was about price trends, I suspect CF is going away,
and I am now trying to secure some DB friendly brand new 32GB,
so I am NOT going to buy 2 GB this time 😉

This time Aptus II compatible, and like I said brand new.
I could only located two Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards. Both are 4 GB. Yours if you want them.

Ken

MartinN

I could only located two Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards. Both are 4 GB. Yours if you want them.

Ken
Thank you very much for the offer, but I ordered Transcend 32GB UDMA4, 133x, I will hope that
gives as much compatibility as possible, for the Leaf Aptus II.

MartinN

Last edited:

buildbot

I found this https://gosebru.ch/testshots_Mamiya_RB67_Pro_SD_ZD_Back.html
but I’m not into extending ZD beyond AFDxxx.

The IR ’feature’ is one thing why I will keep the ZD.
Yeah you would have to design something to insert between the back and the AFD with like a ribbon cable to bring out the x-contact...very hard.

The replaceable filters are indeed very cool! You may already know, but they actually made a yd401 (vs yc401 or yb401) that is a clear class filter to keep the same flange distance but allow IR through. I really, really want the YD301 (for the ZD DSLR), but I am pretty sure they were made to order and I only ever found a single refrence to it on a Japanese website.