The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Direct comparison of digital backs - is it interesting?

Olin555

I now have access to quite a few digital backs - Hasselblad H5D-50c, Hasselblad H4D-200, Phase One IQ280 for Mamiya, Pentax 645Z, and Leaf Aptus 75 for Hasselblad V.
Are you interested in comparing these backs directly while I can do it on paired shots?

Alkibiades

I now have access to quite a few digital backs - Hasselblad H5D-50c, Hasselblad H4D-200, Phase One IQ280 for Mamiya, Pentax 645Z, and Leaf Aptus 75 for Hasselblad V.
Are you interested in comparing these backs directly while I can do it on paired shots?
YES!!!
this is always interesing!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If you do a comparison, please do not simply compare RAW converter default settings. Try, if it's not too much work, too get each image to where you are personally happy with it. Those results, and the amount of work it takes for each back is, in many ways, a better measure than default conversions.
M

ErikKaffehr

Always interested...

Don't know if it is worth the effort.

Lots of opinions how to do a correct test. Sharing raws may be a good idea.

Best regards
Erik

sixby45

Yes indeed! I'm interested for sure :) always interested in the renderings between sensors and pipelines :)