The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Price Reduction: 40mm Rodenstock HR Digaron W F/4.0 in Arca Swiss R mount or bare lens. Copal 0 - pristine

RLB

40mm Rodenstock Digaron HR F/4.0 (current version, Blue ring) in Arca Swiss R mount with Copal 0 - pristine condition.

Includes caps, Rotoslide tube, magnetic cable release, 40mm mask for prism

USA sales only. $4,995 OBO + shipping/insurance

PM for other details or to make offer

RLB

The 40mm Rode HR is a staple of the Arca Swiss R camera (Rm3Di and variants) "system". I've got too many Rode's with focal lengths that are similar, so while its in great shape, its time to cull the herd a bit. Reasonable offers considered, USA shipping only. This is not a fire sale, but could save you $$ on a like new R-mounted lens with no wait to get it.

RLB

Perfect way to get the quality of the 40mm Rode HR without the cost of the XT mounted lens and CF shutter. One can use the electronic shutter in the IQ back for anything but fast-moving objects, and a sync cable with the Copal as well. The Arca R body Tech camera also has a built-in Tilt, so one does not need to add that to each lens. Don't get me wrong, the XT with CF shutter is an excellent tool and I've shot with it many times, but the extra features it offers (electronic integration of lens+body and CF shutter, and additional Exif data) come at a price (2x or more).

Last edited:

Kipoz

Hi @RLB, I saw your proposal, I might be interested, because after having looked at all the technical camera solutions, I think that Arca RM3Di would seem more suited to my research. Do you own an RM3Di? Can you give me some feedback, and compare it with others if you have used it?
Thanks.

RLB

Kipoz,

I've had the Rm3di for 6-7 years, and I also have the Factum front/rear module. If I'm not in need of gear-driven shifts and want a smaller camera, the Factum is perfect. So typically, Rm3di is used in studio and when space is not a premium. The Factum has a single direction (vertical or horizontal but not both at the same time slide shift) that is shorter than the Rm3di, but works fine for many styles of shooting. The Factum set up is for hiking and portability. I LOVE both the Arca Tech cameras for their size, versatility and compatibility with the entire Arca range of products. The build quality is impressive like all things Arca. The front tilt is built into body so one does not have the extra cost of having that added to each lens. I feel too many people are overlooking the Arca R camera (probably because it's an older design) and moving to a more electronic version (XT) which is far more expensive as well as the mount for each lens being far more costly, to each his own. The CF shutter in the XT mount lenses and the electronic connection from the body to the lens is nifty...but do you really need that? For me the answer is no, so for the Tech camera I prefer an all-manual setup. I also have an XF which I use when speed and autofocus are needed.

Regarding other Tech cameras I've used:

XT, used it and really like it but questions the significant cost of the lens mounts, nearly double of what Arca R mount cost PER lens

Alpa, never used one or have ever seen one in the wild. Probably the most like the Arca in terms of design/build. Very expensive for an all manual camera. Parts may be hard to get

Cambo, tried it but liked the Arca set up more. Not fond of the bulky lens mounts and expensive tilt mechanism

For the work I do, most landscape and technical commercial work, price aside, my preference is in this order:

1) Arca R. (with the cost savings on lens mounts, you could build nice collection of optics quickly if you were on a "budget" compared to the XT)
2) XT
3) Alpa
4) Cambo

Last edited:

Kipoz

@RLB, Thank you for all this feedback, it is a gift for me, in fact, I am more and more convinced by the ARCA RM3di and Factum system in secondary. Or start with Factum, but I don't know if it's enough to start working on architecture? What do you think ? THANKS.

guphotography

@RLB, Thank you for all this feedback, it is a gift for me, in fact, I am more and more convinced by the ARCA RM3di and Factum system in secondary. Or start with Factum, but I don't know if it's enough to start working on architecture? What do you think ? THANKS.
For architecture you will need rise/fall, often combined with shift, RM3Di is the way to go, the unrivalled tech cam for architecture.

RLB

As others mention, the Rm3Di is the way to go for commercial work where you have both Rise/Fall and R/L shift simultaneously. The Rm3Di also provides a large range of shifting assuming the lens you are using can practically cover it. The Factum is a great compact solution for hiking and shooting landscapes where less movement is needed. The beauty of the modular Arca system is that you are only buying the parts you need to complete the setup and not two complete cameras.

Last edited: