The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV 100C Update

Ai_Print

I’m already set in using adapted V system lenses on my X2D but this is going to be really interesting to see what is announced.

I look forward to more.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
That is exactly what I ask myself too .
I have a 907x CFV 50 II c and would not like to buy an other 907x . Perhaps it will be called 908x CFV 100 ? ? with some 100MP extra functions ?
:p

daz7

probably a bit offtopic, but I wonder, if Hasselblad lenses designed for the V or even H systems will still be good enough on the new 100mp sensor.
In fact I am surprised that people are still OK using them on a 50mp sensor while other folks complaining on the much newer offerings from Schneider or Rodenstock. Was Hasselblad ahead of their time for a 10 or 15 years optically or are Hassie users simply more prone to accept what they have and not complaining much?

Ai_Print

probably a bit offtopic, but I wonder, if Hasselblad lenses designed for the V or even H systems will still be good enough on the new 100mp sensor.
In fact I am surprised that people are still OK using them on a 50mp sensor while other folks complaining on the much newer offerings from Schneider or Rodenstock. Was Hasselblad ahead of their time for a 10 or 15 years optically or are Hassie users simply more prone to accept what they have and not complaining much?
I found on my 907X / CFVII 50C, most lenses held up well and only my 40mm CF FLE was not cutting it. But when I got the X2D, the 50mm CF FLE, 60mm CFi and 80mm CFe were clearly showing the lens was being pushed beyond its limit. I think the 60 may be de-centered for some reason so I am going to send it in to get checked but basically, I don't use any of my V system glass wider than my 100mm CFi for the reasons stated above.

I'll be curious to see what may be different about the CFVIII 100C than the X2D but I think in general the same results will apply, wide end you are much better off with XCD lenses and 100mm or longer you can get away with some V glass and not lose out on that amazing resolution. H system glass is foreign territory for me so I can not add anything there.

jng

I found on my 907X / CFVII 50C, most lenses held up well and only my 40mm CF FLE was not cutting it. But when I got the X2D, the 50mm CF FLE, 60mm CFi and 80mm CFe were clearly showing the lens was being pushed beyond its limit. I think the 60 may be de-centered for some reason so I am going to send it in to get checked but basically, I don't use any of my V system glass wider than my 100mm CFi for the reasons stated above.

I'll be curious to see what may be different about the CFVIII 100C than the X2D but I think in general the same results will apply, wide end you are much better off with XCD lenses and 100mm or longer you can get away with some V glass and not lose out on that amazing resolution. H system glass is foreign territory for me so I can not add anything there.
Agreed - at the normal to wider end the native XCD lenses will almost all do better, with the possible exception of the 40 IF CFE (my copy was at least as sharp as my 3.5/45 XCD, but it's a beast). In my experience, the original V system Zeiss 100, 150, 180, and in particular the 250 Superachromat and 350 Tele-Superachromat should all play well with the 100 Mp sensor. They also give a somewhat different rendering than the XCD lenses - call it the "Zeiss magic" if you will. Which you prefer is a matter of personal taste, but it's a nice way to fill in the long end of the focal length spectrum if you're OK with using the electronic shutter.

John

Thyl

The stores are designed with a very clean open look. Here are some photos of the UK store.

Here's a video tour in Germany...

it goes without saying that, while Solectric is listed on the Hasselblad website (they are located somewhere else, not Oberhausen) as distributor, they up to know did not put this store in the list. They really need a better website management.

anyone

I understand that the back won't be separate but until announced we won't know for sure. I expect to have mine by the end of the month.
So you pre-ordered yours already? Do you therefore know anything about the price?

Paul Spinnler

My guess is you can pre-order with a symbolic deposit to secure your place in the line and signal seriousness?

Reason being that this is expected to a hot ticket item ...

Paul Spinnler

Correct - with the dealer I have worked with for years.
Did he share intel on shipping dates?

Probably end of quarter? If this thing has IS AND fast enough readout speeds for handheld its going to be killer on the Alpa TC.

The IQ4 is ok with readout if you do small file size, but you still need to be super careful to avoid wobbly geometry and I wish one could use the tiny SK lenses for handheld.

john

Agreed - at the normal to wider end the native XCD lenses will almost all do better, with the possible exception of the 40 IF CFE (my copy was at least as sharp as my 3.5/45 XCD, but it's a beast). In my experience, the original V system Zeiss 100, 150, 180, and in particular the 250 Superachromat and 350 Tele-Superachromat should all play well with the 100 Mp sensor. They also give a somewhat different rendering than the XCD lenses - call it the "Zeiss magic" if you will. Which you prefer is a matter of personal taste, but it's a nice way to fill in the long end of the focal length spectrum if you're OK with using the electronic shutter.

John
"In my experience, the original V system Zeiss 100, 150, 180, and in particular the 250 Superachromat should all play well with the 100 Mp sensor." "....yes using on my X2D, with HV adaptor and electronic shutter... and CFV 50c with 503 CW and leaf shutter....

John

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
"In my experience, the original V system Zeiss 100, 150, 180, and in particular the 250 Superachromat should all play well with the 100 Mp sensor." "....yes using on my X2D, with HV adaptor and electronic shutter... and CFV 50c with 503 CW and leaf shutter....

John
I, too, don’t know of any lenses wider than 100mm that do well on the X2D (comparable to the native lenses). A half dozen or so Zeiss and Mamiya lenses in the 110mm to 350mm range do wonderfully.
Matt