The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad V lenses on X1D II

ndwgolf

Guys,
Has anyone used there old V lenses on the X1D body? Im going on my first photo trip since COVID so excited to be going all around Northern Thailand for a week shooting anything and everything. Im taking my X1D II plus 45P 80 f1.9 plus 135 f2.8..............I am also thinking of taking my beautiful V250mm super combat lens as well but wondered if anyone has successfully shot with this combination.........feedback will be great thanks
Neil

jng

Guys,
Has anyone used there old V lenses on the X1D body? Im going on my first photo trip since COVID so excited to be going all around Northern Thailand for a week shooting anything and everything. Im taking my X1D II plus 45P 80 f1.9 plus 135 f2.8..............I am also thinking of taking my beautiful V250mm super combat lens as well but wondered if anyone has successfully shot with this combination.........feedback will be great thanks
Neil
Neil,

If by "250 super combat" you mean 250 Superachromat - it renders beautifully on my X1D. However you will be limited to using the electronic shutter, which more or less means you'll need to be locked down on a tripod. If you do a little digging, you will find a few quasi-recent threads here on GetDPI on using the older legacy telephoto lenses on the modern sensors.

Happy (and safe) travels!

John

sog1927

Guys,
Neil
The Superachromat is a superb lens, but as John points out, you'll have to use the electronic shutter. The slow readout speed of the X1D sensor (roughly 1/3 second) means that you can experience distortion (the "Lartigue effect") from either camera *or* subject motion. I've used other V lenses (including the regular 250mm Sonnar) with the X1D and it's fine as long as you use a tripod and confine yourself to stationary subjects.

Reactions: jng