The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello :- ) and how to send direct/private message please

hotshoe

Hello,

I'm new to this forum because I am getting started in larger format photography (tech & view cam, LF lenses, digital back, etc.). Either I'm blind and cannot find the direct/private message option (interested in for sale item) or I'm too new to this forum and the option is not yet showing for me. Any ideas and, if latter, what is the threshold before I can direct message?

Thanks!

-Roland.

P.S. I shoot for fun and am humbled to all the experience and knowledge of the members here on GetDPI. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Mouse over the avatar on any post from someone you want to send a message too. A popup will appear ... click the "Start a Conversation" button.

OR

Click on the envelope button in the top bar of the page view. Then click on "Start a new conversation" ... Type in the screen name of whomever you want to send a message to, then create your message, etc.

G

hotshoe

Haha. It's there now. But I swear it was not before. I moused over everything imaginable :), including going to user profile page. Or, I'm losing my mind. Regardless, thank you for the response!

hotshoe

Hi, member on FM wanting to sell 907X and I suggested he post here on B&S, but he claims he's not getting the verification email. Any recently new members run into sign-up issues?

jamesmcg

Hi, member on FM wanting to sell 907X and I suggested he post here on B&S, but he claims he's not getting the verification email. Any recently new members run into sign-up issues?
Hi, I had trouble receiving the sign up emails as well, a few days back.

In the end changing the email address for a gmail based one worked, it was the outlook address that didn't work.

algrove

Just want some clarification. Are both your shoes hot or just one? AND is/are the shoe(s) hot from carrying an 80 Liter bag full of gear?

hotshoe

Hi, I had trouble receiving the sign up emails as well, a few days back.

In the end changing the email address for a gmail based one worked, it was the outlook address that didn't work.
Thanks James, will pass it along.

Just want some clarification. Are both your shoes hot or just one? AND is/are the shoe(s) hot from carrying an 80 Liter bag full of gear?
Very funny Lou. Just my right shoe, and always when exiting Turn 2.