The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hi everyone!

mmmichaelli

Hello! I’m Michael and I’m a Masters student from Melbourne, Australia. I’ve been lurking in this lovely forum for a little while now and finally decided to join the fun.

I got into medium format by chance after inheriting an old Rolleicord from my grandfather, who used it on field research trips during his years as a professor of agriculture. From there on I just started to love MF and never really looked back. Currently using a 501CM and an SL66SE (which is current in germany with DW Photo getting a CLA). I’m an amateur of course but eager to learn more as I go.

I hope everyone is keeping well during these times!

diforbes

Welcome Michael! I'm a relatively new member from Seattle, Washington. I just moved up to a Fuji GFX 50r from various Fuji APS-C gear. I have once MF lens (a Pentax A645 35mm f3.5) and a bunch of vintage 35mm film primes. I hope to one day visit your country.

darr

Hi Michael,

Welcome to GetDPI. You have two very nice cameras.
I have a long history with the Hasselblad V series; currently shooting with a 501cm and a 503cx with film and a CFV-50c.
I have never had the opportunity to try a SL66xx, but always wanted too!

Never been to Australia, but I like some of their TV. :)

Kind regards,
Darr