The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Honouring the beautiful true 645 digital sensor

marchaers

Hey everyone!

Recently I've been delving into the more and more so called 'obsolete' world of the beautiful digital backs. With the uprising of the fast and much more accessible 44x33mm sensors it only had me fall more and more in love with the true pinnacle of yesteryear's digital camera's.

Starting with the H6D-100C (now sadly 'end of life') and more recently acquiring the Leaf Credo 60 with a Phase One XF I've fallen in love head over heels. My area of photography always paired well with these types of cameras and luckily I've gotten to the point to finally own said cameras.

The H6D-100C paired with the 80mm F/2.8 will mostly be used as my studio, commercial and low-light workhorse. The XF+Credo 60 will have the 55mm 2.8 permanently attached which I'll mainly use for on location documentary style portraiture leaning a bit more to the 'raw' style.

That all being said. I love to share thoughts on the 'dying breed' of camera tech and I occasionally make (slideshow based) videos on the topic. I thought this would be a very nice place to share that as well. So here's a link to a recent Youtube video showcasing the incredible images one can still create with these 'obsolete, slow, non-phase detect' camera's... ;)

I hope you'll enjoy watching the work as much as I did making it! :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I LOVED the output from the IQ160. I foolishly did not purchase one when I had the chance, and never used that size sensor again. ☹

marchaers

I LOVED the output from the IQ160. I foolishly did not purchase one when I had the chance, and never used that size sensor again. ☹
I agree, that old Dalsa sensor is absolutely fantastic. They're coming down in price quite radically recently, I don't want to make you spend money but it could be worth the consideration again lol.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I agree, that old Dalsa sensor is absolutely fantastic. They're coming down in price quite radically recently, I don't want to make you spend money but it could be worth the consideration again lol.
Yes, but then there are the cameras and lenses... I have two not-full-size MF systems already, and that's quite enough! ( I know, I know. Those words have no meaning here...)

Oh, right. This is Images to Share. Ok... IQ 160, SK 43 XL, if I recall correctly. Mesquite Dunes at Sunrise, Death Valley (probably 130 degrees there now).

Matt

Last edited: