The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iq4150 trade for iq4150 achromatic?

akaru

I’ve been considering the iq4 achro for some time. Not sure if trade-ins are possible or affordable, so thought I’d check here if anyone has an achro that they want to swap for the color version. I know they are more expensive, so I’d throw in cash or various trades. Have a gfx-100 converted to full spectrum I use at times, and a Leica monochrom, but looking for the real deal.

JeffK

If you have the newest M11M, I think that's a BSI sensor too. If I was buying today. I'd get the M11M and an Actus setup.

akaru

If you have the newest M11M, I think that's a BSI sensor too. If I was buying today. I'd get the M11M and an Actus setup.
That’s partly why I’m posting now. Figured someone might be parting with the achro for the m11m ;)

Smoothjazz

Smart,
How is the full spectrum GFX? I was debating having mine converted- does it allow for some infrared or partial spectrum shots?
Would you have any examples to share?

akaru

It’s a backup/specialty for me. Unfortunately I’m in between countries so to speak, and most of the shots I took with it are on a hd I’m not next to. Gives a bit more light and yeah you can do ir with a filter in front. Actually the gfx can take in-body filters which is nice, as you can make it back into a “normal” camera without dealing with filters in front. Check if you can actually get yours converted. It was a special job I had to take the risk for as replacement sensors aren’t cheap. Might be easier now that they’ve gone down in price since the 100s came out.

JeffK

I'm currently shooting with an IQ3 100 achromatic. I'm shooting IR less than 20% of the time maybe, maybe less. I would definitely consider the M11M for portability and benefit of using with my Actus setup. But I'd like to think I'll be able to still be using the IQ3 100A down the road. But the more I see what's coming out of mid journey, the more I think having a camera just isn't needed anymore.