The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for the suitable lumbar/sling packs for Alpa combination gear.

Hi, Guys.
My main current Alpa gears are 12 Plus body, Digital Back, and two lenses, normally 43mm lens and another longer focal length.

I would like to choose one suitable lumbar/sling pack for above settings, and hope put the body/DB/lens as one combination and the other lens inside.

I hope take out of the whole combination to shoot quickly, not assemble them on the tripod slowly.

As the 12 Plus body is symmetrical design, with hand-grip and tripod mount, the length and height is about 20mm each.
So the ideal dimensions (L/W/H) is about 30cm/22cm/25cm, but normal photography lumbar/sling pack does not meet the requirement.

I did some research, and not find the suitable one.

So any suggestions for it?
Thanks.

dchew

I have the 12+, but without the grips. The Shimoda inserts are the deepest, second by the ThinkTank/Mindshift. When I get home I will get some dimensions for you.
Dave

Thanks.Dave.
Shimoda is a fantastic backpack, but more like hiking.
And I'd like to purchase a small sling bag to shoot when city walking.

dchew

Here is a picture of my Think Tank Speed Racer v2, which of course is no longer available. In it I have the 12+ vertically; looks like plenty of space on the sides for your grips. 17mm TS adapter mounted on the 12+. Upper left is the Rodi 138f. On the right the IQ 4 150 with 34mm adapter attached, and the 60xl above it. Plenty of room for some other stuff like batteries, etc.

As I said, no longer available. but that B&H link has the dimensions. I think there are lots of bags out there of similar size. This one is 250mm deep inside, which is plenty. You could probably get away with 20-30mm less. And, if you didn't have the 34mm and 17mm adapters, you would be smaller still.

Dave

dchew

This one is almost the same size, and would probably be better for city walking:
Think Tank Retrospective 20

No belt, but you may not want one in this case. I'm not pushing Think Tank, it's just what I have here to fit test. I think there are lots of bags in this size range.

Dave