The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

I only recall overlooking this spot from the train. Weirdly I have never been there while it was still in operation.
My brother too worked there many years ago.
It really is too bad all those interesting areas, photographically speaking, like Stork/Werkspoor, NDSM, Eurometaal, et cetera, are rapidly disappearing in favour of new housing developments or - what's worse imo - turned into 'broedplaatsen' for self-proclaimed artists and the likes ... :rolleyes:

Knorp

Trying a few lens options on the GFX 50SII. The SP Tamron 90/2.8 Di Macro (EF mount) works well handheld using AF and IBIS in a Fringer adapter.
Hi Carl, does this lens vignette ?
I'm using Canon EF 180mm f3.5 Macro with the Fringer.
Vignettes severely in the corners, so I'm cropping square most of the time.

All the best.

scho

Hi Carl, does this lens vignette ?
I'm using Canon EF 180mm f3.5 Macro with the Fringer.
Vignettes severely in the corners, so I'm cropping square most of the time.

All the best.
Hi Bart, No significant amount of vignetting with this lens. Here is the uncropped original of the image posted above.
Best regards

scho

Another trial shot using a Mamiya 645 N 80/2.8 lens in a Fotodiox Vertex adapter. I have a set of old Mamiya lenses (35, 55, 80, 150) that I use with a vertex adapter for a Sony FF camera so decided to try it with the GFX 50SII as well. Minor vignetting with the 55 and 80, none with the 150, but very severe vignetting with the 35. The 4 shot stitch with the GFX 50Sii files yields approx a 150 MP file vs 60+ on Sony FF.

scho

Another useable Tamron lens on the GFX is the 100-400 f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD. There is corner vignetting, but not too bad (and curiously almost none at 200mm). Below is a series shot in shutter priority mode at 1/250 and auto ISO. Fringer EF-GFX adapter.

100 mm

200mm

300mm

400mm