The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645 A 120 Macro vs 645 A 150 For portraits

rollsman44

Has anyone used any of these 2 lenses? Just wanted to see if one is better than the other. I am going to use them on my Hasselblad X1D2 with the Pentax adaptor Thank you

Shashin

I have not used the 150mm A-series lens, but 120mm Marco. It is a great lens and very sharp at all apertures. I understand the A 150mm has a good reputation. Personally, I might look at the minimum focus distance you would like to use. If further than 1.4 m, then both lenses are good options. If closer, than the Macro.

aksclix

I have used both lenses on the 645Z I had about 3-4 years ago. I still have the 120 macro and have sold the rest when I moved to GFX system back then.
They're both wonderful! Considering how absolutely inexpensive they've gotten in today's market, you could probably get both! The 120 macro doubles up as a portrait lens and naturally can focus really close! I cannot quite believe this beauty was only fetching $200 when I tried to sell it and so, I decided to keep it! There is nothing wrong with the 150 but it isn't versatile like the 120. The 120 is sharp and makes wonderful portraits.

pixiac

Really hard to say!
I love the sharpness of the A120 macro, but I also love the "dreamy" look of my FA150, especially at f2.8!