The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printing on Epson SC P800 Setting Paper

spassig

Hello

I will test paper from PermaJet to compare to Hahnemühle.
I have a matrix with different paper and type of media.
I don't know what is Watercolor Radiant White.
My printer has eight inks.
(The left setting Epson Archival Matte is clear for me)
Does someone know it?

Jochen ( Germany)

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-22 um 19.28.09.png

spassig

You should be able to set that paper type from the printer's menu when loading the paper.

Dave
Thanks for feedback.

I dont understand your answer, see screenshot.
I know that paper manufacturers specify which ICC profile and which media type should be set in the printer driver. This is how I know it from Hahnemühle. For PermaJet the media type is specified for 3 to 5. I can select this in the printer driver. For 1 to 2 it is unclear to me.
Do I have to select this Watercolor Radiant White on the display of the Epson SC P800?

Jochen (Germany)

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-23 um 14.09.24.png

dchew

Do I have to select this Watercolor Radiant White on the display of the Epson SC P800?
Yes. "Watercolor Radiant White" should be one of the options, probably buried in the menu under some other paper type, like Matte Papers or Plain Papers or Fine Art Papers. Something like that. I no longer have an Epson so i can't dig down into the menu for you.

Dave

Arjuna

For my Epson P600, on a Mac, under Media Type (= Medium on your screen shot), there is an option 'Fine Art Paper', which then has several sub-options, including 'Watercolor Paper - Radiant White'.

On my computer, at the moment, that option, and others e.g. Velvet Fine Art Paper, are greyed out, i.e. not selectable. I suspect that this has something to do with legacy support, and where the (paper) profiles are stored. On my computer, the paper profiles for my printer are stored at
Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Epson SC-P600, e.g. EPSON_P600_Exhibition_Fiber_Paper_PK_v3.icm. As far as I recall, at some point after getting the P600, I went to the Epson web site and downloaded profiles, perhaps as a zipped bundle, or two. I also have a couple of Hahnemühle profiles (.icc's) there. When I got the P600 Epson profiles, there weren't any for Velvet Fine Art (or Watercolor Radiant White). They were mostly for more 'special' papers such as the Exhibition Fiber. My guess would be that the media options presented are a combination of hard-coded standard(?) papers and more special papers for which the printer driver has found specific (Epson)profiles, but that some of the (old?) standards are not actually supported for the P600. I will confess that this is an aspect of printing that I find somewhat confusing, so I may be completely wrong, e.g. I don't the difference between a .icc and a .icm profile file. My experience is with Epson printers.

spassig

For my Epson P600, on a Mac, under Media Type (= Medium on your screen shot), there is an option 'Fine Art Paper', which then has several sub-options, including 'Watercolor Paper - Radiant White'.
Thanks alot!
You are right. I used Single sheet feeder. Must change to Front art print.

Jochen (Germany)