The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Novoflex TRIOBAL-C2840 TrioBalance 4-Section Carbon Fiber Leg Kit plus Novoflex QLEG-C2830-SET3 QLeg 3-Section Carbon Fiber Kit

PapaJoe

This is a Novoflex TRIOBAL-C2840 TrioBalance 4-Section Carbon Fiber Leg Kit plus Novoflex QLEG-C2830-SET3 QLeg 3-Section Carbon Fiber Kit in excellent condition. I am the original and only owner. The only signs of wear are cosmetic scratches on the TrioBalance leveler (see photos). The scratches do not affect operation.

This tripod system is the best engineered tripod kit I have ever used and is difficult to find in stock anywhere (including Novoflex US). I am selling it because I simply don’t use it enough to justify keeping it. I haven’t been on a photo trip since the beginning of the pandemic.

From Novoflex:
The TRIOBAL-C2840 Carbon Fiber tripod from NOVOFLEX is a modular camera support that features a built-in leveller and extends from 2.6" to 59.7” and weighs 3.2 lb. It consists of three 4-section legs, and a TrioBalance base. Each leg can act as a monopod when used with the included monopod adapter. Also included is a set of table top legs and a carrying case. Folded length: 26.75” Max. Ht: 59.7” Min. Ht: 3.8” Load capacity: 22 lbs. Weight: 3.2 lbs.
  • Modular Tripod Kit with interchangeable legs and integrated levelling ball
  • The tripod base comes with 3 pcs. Carbon Fiber Legs, 3 pcs. Mini Macro Legs, a Monopod Adapter and a Carrying Case
  • 1/4”-20 Stud for easy connection to compatible tripod heads
The QLEG-C2830 Carbon Fiber 3-Piece Leg Set is for use with the TrioPod or TrioBalance Tripod-Bases. NOVOFLEX 3-Section Carbon Fiber 8-ply Legs are designed for use with the TrioPod, TrioBalance and QuadroPod flexible camera support systems which are comprised of different bases and leg components. This versatile system provides the flexibility to design modern three- or even four-legged camera support configurations.

• The C2830-SET3 is a set of three, 3-Section carbon fiber leg for TrioPod, TrioBalance and QuadroPod-systems
  • Threaded connection: 1/4 “ Diameter of the leg segments (mm): 27.9 (1.1"); 24.9 (0.98"); 21.9 (0.86")
  • Length: 62cm-160cm (24.4”-63”) Weight per leg: 365g (12.87 oz)
Price - $800 net to me (less than the current price of the C2840 alone)

Price includes UPS Ground shipping to CONUS.
I cannot ship internationally.
Novoflex TrioBal Tripod-1.jpgNovoflex TrioBal Tripod-2.jpgNovoflex TrioBal Tripod-3.jpgNovoflex TrioBal Tripod-4.jpg

Last edited:

jng

This is a Novoflex TRIOBAL-C2840 TrioBalance 4-Section Carbon Fiber Leg Kit plus Novoflex QLEG-C2830-SET3 QLeg 3-Section Carbon Fiber Kit in excellent condition. I am the original and only owner. The only signs of wear are cosmetic scratches on the TrioBalance leveler (see photos). The scratches do not affect operation.

This tripod system is the best engineered tripod kit I have ever used and is difficult to find in stock anywhere (including Novoflex US). I am selling it because I simply don’t use it enough to justify keeping it. I haven’t been on a photo trip since the beginning of the pandemic.

From Novoflex:
The TRIOBAL-C2840 Carbon Fiber tripod from NOVOFLEX is a modular camera support that features a built-in leveller and extends from 2.6" to 59.7” and weighs 3.2 lb. It consists of three 4-section legs, and a TrioBalance base. Each leg can act as a monopod when used with the included monopod adapter. Also included is a set of table top legs and a carrying case. Folded length: 26.75” Max. Ht: 59.7” Min. Ht: 3.8” Load capacity: 22 lbs. Weight: 3.2 lbs.
  • Modular Tripod Kit with interchangeable legs and integrated levelling ball
  • The tripod base comes with 3 pcs. Carbon Fiber Legs, 3 pcs. Mini Macro Legs, a Monopod Adapter and a Carrying Case
  • 1/4”-20 Stud for easy connection to compatible tripod heads
The QLEG-C2830 Carbon Fiber 3-Piece Leg Set is for use with the TrioPod or TrioBalance Tripod-Bases. NOVOFLEX 3-Section Carbon Fiber 8-ply Legs are designed for use with the TrioPod, TrioBalance and QuadroPod flexible camera support systems which are comprised of different bases and leg components. This versatile system provides the flexibility to design modern three- or even four-legged camera support configurations.

• The C2830-SET3 is a set of three, 3-Section carbon fiber leg for TrioPod, TrioBalance and QuadroPod-systems
  • Threaded connection: 1/4 “ Diameter of the leg segments (mm): 27.9 (1.1"); 24.9 (0.98"); 21.9 (0.86")
  • Length: 62cm-160cm (24.4”-63”) Weight per leg: 365g (12.87 oz)
Price - $800 net to me (less than the current price of the C2840 alone)

Price includes UPS Ground shipping to CONUS.
I cannot ship internationally.
View attachment 202504View attachment 202505View attachment 202506View attachment 202507
Hi Joe,

What is the length of the 4-section legs, when they are removed from the head?

Thanks.

John

tcdeveau

Hi Joe,

Thanks.

John

Just pull the trigger….it’s a great tripod from a great seller :)

I have the Alpa branded version. I think you can even buy legs of different sizes. The modularity is one of the beauties of this system
-Dante

PapaJoe

Hi Joe,

Thanks.

John
John, a 4-section leg is 60 3/4" when fully extended (removed from the head).

Todd's right. This system is very well designed and manufactured. The versatility is outstanding. I hate to sell it but can't justify keeping it and not using it.

Papa Joe

jng

John, a 4-section leg is 60 3/4" when fully extended (removed from the head).

Todd's right. This system is very well designed and manufactured. The versatility is outstanding. I hate to sell it but can't justify keeping it and not using it.

Papa Joe
Thanks, Joe. Apologies for not being clear - what is the length of the legs when fully collapsed (I'm interested in which of my carry-on rollaboard bags the kit would fit into)? Ditto for the 3-section legs as well, if you don't mind.

I already have a 2-series RRS 4-section tripod, which just fits length-wise in my 22" rollaboard with the head removed. One major limitation of this tripod is its (lack of) height at just under 60" with the legs fully extended. I see a similar spec for the Triobal w/the 4 section legs, so the main advantage would be its modularity and perhaps some savings on weight.

Thanks again.

John

PapaJoe

Thanks, Joe. Apologies for not being clear - what is the length of the legs when fully collapsed (I'm interested in which of my carry-on rollaboard bags the kit would fit into)? Ditto for the 3-section legs as well, if you don't mind.

I already have a 2-series RRS 4-section tripod, which just fits length-wise in my 22" rollaboard with the head removed. One major limitation of this tripod is its (lack of) height at just under 60" with the legs fully extended. I see a similar spec for the Triobal w/the 4 section legs, so the main advantage would be its modularity and perhaps some savings on weight.

Thanks again.

John
John,

The collapsed length of the legs (from tip of screw at the top to the tip of the rubber foot at the bottom):
4-section - 19 3/4"
3-section - 24 3/4"

Hope this helps.

Papa Joe