The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Factory refurbished Alpa Max incl. box and accessories almost like new (EU)

darr

Hi Darr – its ok. Appreciate your comment. Its gonna sell at point, that's not the point for me.

The main point for me is that I asked Alpa owner (its a small firm) on my behalf to be forthcoming and support someone's entry into the system with an obscure back adapter and they had agreed on an exceptional basis to be a tiny bit forthcoming given this was a factory refurbished unit they knew I wanted to sell and because I also had in return committed to geting other things from them in a back-to-back transaction. I just don't like to make other people run and not hold my word by proxy.

He's now most likely hunting for R stuff, which, as I said, comes with its own tricky aspects. And he know about pricing – its just that he changed his mind because he saw an opportunity that better suited him after committing – which is a way of dealing I fundamentally lack respect for. I am for one man, one word, no weak excuses post factum.
I understand, Paul. He played gamesmanship; it was obvious.
I had a MAX for ten years and regret letting it go. If I had not had the STC, I might have considered your MAX, but I am content (at the moment ;) ).

All the best!

dawidloubser

I have to assume that everybody attacking me for backing out of a sale 2-3 days after giving a verbal agreement - are not at all, or have never been, in a sales job?! You've taken literally the most everyday occurrence in luxury goods sales, and vilified here as if I stole Paul's camera and set fire to the Alpa head office.

How many times do I have to say sorry for first saying "yes, I'd like to buy your second-hand camera" and then nicely, respectfully saying "on second thought, after doing more research, this is not for me - I'm sorry I wasted your time, my bad".

Seems like a healthy sense of perspective is needed here.
Anyway, thanks - it's been real. I'm done with this thread.

Good luck with your sale Paul.

P.S. Thanks for the several kind PMs I've had from those who also think this reaction is a bit over the top, I appreciate it.

Paul Spinnler

You don't get it, do you. The point is that you've caused work to others incl. Alpa and that after verbally committing on the phone AFTER you took time to decide - you've had multiple chances of backing out over days, but did it opportunistically past the typical point of no return as you were messaging others around an R when the next and final step would have been sending funds across. Literally after me writing you the final courier quote when all was said and done you go "Nah, I found sth else which is 30% cheaper".

I mean after how many times is a word a word – its not like you impromptu wrote me I take it to one day later back out again, which would have been sth else.

You initially said you'd need till Saturday to think, then further thought about it and confirmed via phone finally this week. I even asked you to confirm that I can mark it as sold on the forum to which you said yes ... to ultimately back out this morning before essentially me awaiting the funds and booking the courier.

And this is not a sales job – there's no compensation for the time wasted with a useless prospect or to be precise someone not holding their word when its way beyond the decision point and where it actually creates work for others. You've reached out to me, created work, committed ON THE PHONE verbally after DAYS of reflection and after I asked you again as I wanted to make sure. I mean c'mon that's not ok. And apologies in this context don't mean anything. The result counts. You've created work and there's no compensation for the time lost.

I've had to call in with Alpa over lunch to say that the agreed transaction from yesterday is off as the reduction you would have gotten was also tied to me getting other things from them as you know.

That's a totally different thing than someone saying no to a simple sales proposal after some reflection. You've backed out post factum after verbally committing which legally is a purchase.

All things were on the table for a long time and the way you handle it shows a fundamental dis-respect of other people's time and someone who's not abiding by agreements.

Last edited:

vjbelle

Paul.... I think you have every right to be pissed!! I would sure be pissed!

Hope everything works out well....

Victor B.

B L

As well as Alpa body with some additionals, can it be bundeled with atleast one lens to make it complete for more choice to any potential buyer? Just a thought.

Mexecutioner

As well as Alpa body with some additionals, can it be bundeled with atleast one lens to make it complete for more choice to any potential buyer? Just a thought.
And also a tripod and copy of Capture One? How about Paul throwing in a backpack and plane tickets to Namibia for a turnkey system experience?

drevil

Staff member
why dont we start bashing hasselblad in this thread as well?

GUYS! get out...shoo shoo....this is a thread where paul just wants to sell his alpa!

B L

why dont we start bashing hasselblad in this thread as well?

GUYS! get out...shoo shoo....this is a thread where paul just wants to sell his alpa!
Please terminate my registration immidiately. For yourv information ,I have not used forum features for nothing. I made regular donations..
Last thing I tolerate is unwarranted personal insults because I insult nobady.

Paul Spinnler

I am not going to shoot 10 minute videos, nor offer any bundles, lol.

This is a factory refurbished Alpa Max for sale, that's it. For people in the know, its as good as it gets in tech cam land. That should be sufficient.

drevil

Staff member
i didnt attack you personally BL, i meant generally leave this thread alone and let paul do his thing and dont comment every breath anyone does on this forum.
quite frankly i am pissed myself by the childish behavior of a lot of people here and i am almost out the door myself

Paul Spinnler

Well ... the camera sold for 5k USD within 24 hours of it being on eBay. I think it was extremely fairly priced here, but I guess for top dollar eBay is the route.

1) No need to create Coinbase account
2) No need to broker deals with Alpa
3) No endless back and forth
4) No need to check multiple courier pricings and create shipping accounts
5) No time and energy wasted on lowballers who don't have their act together and jump ship after price was agreed

I'll ship this beautiful camera tomorrow to a very happy new owner.

Lesson learned, indeed.

Last edited: