The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Value proposition of Capture One: Why use it instead of Adobe?

jduncan

Hi,

I buy Capture One for Nikon, one time license. At this moment there is an offer to move to the full version. I went to see what was the price of the subscription, and stuff has not improved. It costs 24 US$/m to get the full version, or 19 dollars a month for the Nikon version.
The price includes only Capture one.

On the other hand I can buy Adobe's photography plan for. 9.99 and it includes: Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, Adobe Photoshop (I normally use Affinity) , Lightromm mobile and 20GB of cloud storage (basically nothing).

For Phase One users Capture One is clearly a better option. I don't have a Phase One camera.
What is the point? I agree that the engine is different, but is it really so much better?

Best regards.

Hasslebad

I feel Capture One has better color, and sessions are great for photo jobs. The asset management is better on Lightroom. However after Lightroom 6 it became harder to buy a perpetual license. It was hidden on the website for some years as Adobe was promoting the subscription. If you use Photoshop and are willing to pay the subscription for either, Lightroom’s pricing isn’t bad.